Skip to main content

None for sale nearby. Instead:

The Beast

James Rice, 01/14/2019
updated 01/18/2022
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 7th truck. First HD Diesel. Did a lot of research. Had small trucks like Mazda, Toyota and 1/2 ton Ford and Chevy. Mazdas love to go through trannys. All the others were good. Had to buy this truck to tow, and I love it. This will be my last, and BEST, truck. Power and torque for what you need, and then some. Plus, great MPG compared to my gasser's. Example.....my 1/2 ton got 6-7 mpg towing my trailer. This BEAST gets @ 16, and the Allison Transmission is barely warm going up a 7% 5 mile grade in summer! Plus, I can go down this grade with a trailer and using compression, do not even have to touch my brakes. The old WT brakes were shot at the bottom of this hill, and warbling/vibrating even though I was less than 2/3 of total GVWR. Got 97K miles on the BEAST now, and expect to go double that.....NO PROBLEMS so far, and runs great! Maintenance is probably $200 more per 10K miles, but well worth it. Keep your fuel clean, and maintain these motors. Good filters are a must (AC/Delco work great), and quality fuel. I use Stanadyne fuel additives.....FYI. Now over 120K, no problems. Love it. Edmunds has it as a 6-0 Liter gasser. WRONG! It is a Duramax Diesel.

3 out of 5 stars
Also Consider
5 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

5 out of 5 stars

Just my freakn luck !!!!!

Frank w, 05/26/2022
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Well I have a 13 duramax with only 90g on it.....runs gggreat but the shops had it 5 times now in the last 3 weeks....they keep replacing stuff and the lite keeps co.ing on....the one that looks like a flame is no longer coming on though...replaced 1...exhaust sensor...1...engine not sensor....1 fuel rail....and now another fuel rail.....just payed 1700 last year at this time for a new def heater....only had 59.000 miles at the time.....and warranty will not cover these things......wich I think they're lying to me......mechanic just told me we could have just deleted it now cuz chevys had so many issues.....lol....after we've spent over 5 g already.......I'm just praying to God it is fixed tomorrow when I pick it up.....getting very old now and worn oout....service mangers said trade it in on a dodge......but remember they can't even fix it so I should just go buy a new one.....I sure wish I could....but it's pretty much is still brand new and looks new ......wish Chevy would just help me with another truck cuz I think I just got a peice of u know what....always been a Chevy man.but now I'm wondering if I should try something difrent.....sure will miss Chevy but I don't have the time or money to b broke down all the time......any other issues from people with the same situation???