Used 2019 Chevrolet Equinox Diesel Consumer Reviews

$23,400

Used Equinox for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

First SUV, and first update...

ESR, 03/05/2019
Premier 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Update: Still enjoying the Equinox TD with nearly 7,000 miles traveled. MPGs continue to be on the remarkable side for this type of vehicle. Suburban and highway trips have yielded 43+ mpg average. First oil change and tire rotation at 6,000 miles. The interior remains comfortable and quiet in any environment. The Bose sound system is excellent. Driving characteristics are great, easy to navigate in traffic, parking lots and on Interstates. Safety sensors are very helpful in traffic. The 360 degree camera is amazing for squeezing successfully out of impossible spots. The 1.6L turbo diesel engine is definitely a little powerhouse. Gotta watch those takeoffs from a standing start. I have to continue giving this Chevy a couple of thumbs up. Original review: Needed a new wagon. These small SUVs are the new wagons, I guess. Thoroughly test drove all the small SUVs on the market. Loved the CR-V. Last on the Test Drive list was the Equinox and I have to say that my wife and I were very surprised by the ride quality, interior comfort and safety equipment. It lacks a bit of the load room that CR-V has, but the removable rear floor panel allows for bicycles to be loaded standing up inside the cargo area attached to fork mounts. That clinched the sale. Well, that and the fact that a fully optioned 2019 diesel Premier ended up costing significantly less than a CR-V Touring. The 360 degree camera is quite the aid getting in and out of tight spots. Adaptable cruise control works really well, and allows for less stressful Interstate travel. Our first trip was 1,500 miles. Equinox has very linear highway driving dynamics and is quiet. Ventilated seats are a definite plus. I give these seats an A+ for comfort. The 1.6L diesel delivered impressive efficiency with a measured 41 mpg on the trip where average speeds were 65 to 70 mph in less than perfect weather. MPG is especially good considering that we had rear seats down and the load area filled, so not traveling light. I can't comment on durability yet since our Equinox is new. If there's anything I don't like, it's the usual vulnerable interior plastic surfaces. I found an awful lot of very easily scratched interior plastic in all the small SUVs that we test drove.

Averaging 37.8MPGSince new

Gary, 07/25/2019
Premier 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Great car

2019 diesel model

mike, 10/20/2020
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

to start off this is a company vehicle and all the oil changes have been completed every 6k miles. I am at the dealership right now having the 78,000 mile service completed. I have had the car a total of 24 months as I received the car Nov 2018. I have had no real issues as some of the things I have read online. So far the usb and usb-c ports have died which they are actually looking at now. once the infotainment screen wouldnt come on, but I just disconnected the battery for a few minutes and hooked it back up and that fixed it. there has been an intermittent thumping noise that has been going on since I received the car. it started off very very faint and over the last 2 years has increased in noise level, but not frequency. I did notice that sometimes when I take my foot off the brake after stopping at a traffic light it will do the thump. So they are looking at that today as well but seems like it may be after taking foot off the brake it releases the caliper which then allows the brake pad to fall over, which would make sense to the noise getting louder over time with the wear of the brake pad. That is still to be determined obviously as I am in the waiting room right now. I have had zero other issues which those I have listed really arent bad at all, especially with some of the things I have read online. which the only reason I have even looked at it to see what other people are seeing is I am thinking of purchasing this vehicle from the company since I just ordered my new company vehicle. So all in all outta the last 20 years of company vehicles this is the first one I have even contemplated on buying, so I am unsure if the issues people were having was with a certain timeframe of purchase as mine would have been an early release of the 2019....but mine has had no major issues as well and only a couple of annoyances.