Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

my little yellow puddle jumper
By Michael Morrison

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this "nothing automatic" basic car to do a 105 mile round trip to my job. That's 525 miles a week. Did the job six years. The car never had a tune up just oil changes and tires. Until mice invaded and built a nest under the timing belt which caused the belt to skip sprocket teeth which bent six or so valves ($1800 bucks later) the car was totally reliable. I hope to keep it alive for another couple of years or so (local trips under fifteen miles) since the trade in value according to Edmunds is $74 bucks. Needless to say I have declared total war on the local mouse herd. Adopted six outside "barn" cats, bought a pellet rifle, and encouraged predatory birds to nest in our woodlot!

My first car, my first baby
By Claire B.

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought this car back in 2007 brand new when I was 13. He paid it off and when I got my driver's license, he gave it to me. I loved this car. It had all the bells and whistles at the time. Overtime things did go wrong though. The drivers door lock fell (common problem apparently), hinges were creaky and stiff, headlights burnt out constantly, and it did not hold up in accidents. That last one always made me somewhat scared to get in my vehicle. My first accident was in 2011. When I got t-boned in a parking lot. At 10mph my front axel was bent and my drivers door hinge was crumpled. Problems were fixed but never solved. Unfortunately a month ago I was rear-ended and because of the poor quality of this vehicle, it caused more damage than what the vehicle was worth. Being a 2007, it only had 54000 miles on it. I said my goodbyes today and am now beginning my search for a new car. It wasn't great quality but it was never meant to be. It was however a great first car.

Reliable, comfortable, safe
By alisotoga11

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 40k 2 years ago for 8500. No problems, put on nice Michelin tires and it handles good. The very cheap tires on it had it squeal around corners. Drive it to San Francisco, park it anywhere, same size as a Mini, and get a solid 30+mpg. Only thing I do not like is no cruise control, for the money I would buy another. It stills runs good, and think it will a while longer.

Size, comfortable seats up to 3 hours a day.

Being a Honda in name, about the same as a Fit or a Yaris and the Nissan.

Very dependable and great on gas!
By amack1

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Aveo, I bought it brand new in April of 2007 and the only things I've had to do where get the valve cover replaced (under warranty), change a relay switch which cost me less than $20, wheel bearings at 60k and regular maintenance. I've used mobil 1 in my car since the day I brought it home, literally and I've had no problems! It is fun to drive, the easiest 5 speed I swear, I just changed the brakes for the 1st time at 90k miles. (you don't use much with a stick). It has been very reliable and great on gas, i usually get 35-37 mpg, never under 32mpg. If you treat it right, it will return the favor!

Gas mileage; 35-37mpg regularly Easy to drive Fits a ton in the back when you put the seats down! Enough pep to get you on the interstate and moving with traffic in no time Easy to change oil and easy to reach anything under the hood if needed

Windows fog up when it rains and snows No A/C on the SVM other than that I've found the Aveo 5 SVM to be a great little car and extremely reliable.

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues
By krystalb1

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Good gas mileage; plenty of interior space; drives smooth; fits in any parking space.

Make windows and locks electrical; I would suggest Chevy re-evaluates the timing belt and electrical work because the seem to be the most common problems with these cars.