Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Caddy Rating
By brunise k. warren

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is an excellent buy and the only thing I would change is the wheel selection that comes with the vehicle. The 20 inch rims should come standard with this vehicle.

The attractive wide body frame.

Larger wheels.

Dream Car
By John Nelson

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this 2004 SRX for almost one year. It's the best car I've ever had. The power is dangerously seductive. The comfort for a big guy can't be beat - seriously. So many other SUV driver areas are just too small for me. The SRX's flat-top doors keep the elbows snugly secure from sliding down, as opposed to so many other SUVs' rounded door tops. I'm able to drive home large purchases with ease (eg, furniture) yet have a smooth (car chassis), safe, elevated ride without any scraping in San Francisco's hilly terrain. The AWD is great for traction. It's QUIET! The huge sunroof makes it a safe, virtual convertible. It has so many amenities, I can't understand why this isn't the top-rated SUV

The comfort, quietness, amenities, extra large sunroof, roominess, power, AWD, height (to avoid scraping & make getting packages in & out easier), the console is turned toward the driver (ingenious), steering-wheel controls, flat door top for elbow, automatic EVERYTHING - incl tire pressure alerts!

It is a bit tight/rough going over speed bumps (unnatural to the technology?). The ttailgate lift is remote now on the newer SRXs - yeah. It needs a telescopic steering wheel. The driver's side-view mirror should lower toward the ground in reverse as the passenger's mirror does. Otherwise, it's the best!

First Time Domestic Buyer / Would Do Again
By cochtera

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have always owned imports, but I have become a believer in Cadillac. We bought a pre-owned '04 SRX V8 with every available option. It has great space and incredible performance. It is as fun to drive as our Volvo V70 wagon. I highly recommend it!

The sports car-like performance, great brakes, adjustable foot pedals, and panoramic sunroof.

The navigation system is not the best. The reverse radar lighting system could be improved with audio warnings, not just warning lights in the back.

Not the Best in the World
By ATICO

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

All four tires on my 2004 Cadillac SRX, Goodyear Eagles, cupped within the first 5,000 miles. They made horrible noise. I could not get anyone to listen to me until the car had 24,000 miles on it and rode and sounded like a Sherman Tank. The battery had to be replaced. I also had the tire monitor repaired three times and the door seal reaplaced.

The exterior design.

Upgrade the tires and provide much more noise insulation.

Excellent road car!
By William Rahner

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car! Despite negative reliability ratings from Consumer Reports, the only maintenance issue I've had was the collapse of the two front shock absorbers, which the dealer immediately corrected. The vehicle has a wonderful ride and great handling characteristics, especially on the highway. It's quiet and comfortable, and the seats are firm and very supportive. My wife, who is not easily impressed with domestic makes, really loves it. It's been great on road trips, averaging 24 MPG on the highway. The Northstar V8, is considerably more thirsty I'm told, but I don't miss the horsepower...the V6 is quite responsive. I recommend the car without reservation.

The ride, handling, front seats, and versatility.

The digital display and controls are confusing....don't try to set or adjust anything while driving.