Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Roomy Rocket
By BigMan

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am 6'5" and did not fit in 90% of the vehicles I tested. If you have similar issues, check this car out. I fit like a glove. The adjustable pedals and seat make it a perfect fit. I bought this car certified used and am quite please after 1500 miles. I never considered an SUV until a test drive and I was hooked. The transmission shifts smoothly and it will go on command at any speed. It is dangerously fast. The speed and feel on any road conditions makes the fun to drive index off the charts. You almost have to be careful. I don't find the interior cheap looking as others have suggested. The MPG ratings are BS. I have averaged about 15 MPG in mixed driving. I don't pass many gas stations.

The leg and head room. The power of the V8 engine, Bose stereo, and smooth shifting transmission. The fun to drive index is off the charts.

The steering wheel should telescope. Chrome wheels would be nice. It should get better gas mileage or have a larger gas tank. From my experience, the real MPG ratings are about 12 MPG city/18 MPG highway. I would prefer th have heater/AC controls on steering wheel instead of OnStar which I do not use.

Caddy Rating
By brunise k. warren

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is an excellent buy and the only thing I would change is the wheel selection that comes with the vehicle. The 20 inch rims should come standard with this vehicle.

The attractive wide body frame.

Larger wheels.

Dream Car
By John Nelson

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this 2004 SRX for almost one year. It's the best car I've ever had. The power is dangerously seductive. The comfort for a big guy can't be beat - seriously. So many other SUV driver areas are just too small for me. The SRX's flat-top doors keep the elbows snugly secure from sliding down, as opposed to so many other SUVs' rounded door tops. I'm able to drive home large purchases with ease (eg, furniture) yet have a smooth (car chassis), safe, elevated ride without any scraping in San Francisco's hilly terrain. The AWD is great for traction. It's QUIET! The huge sunroof makes it a safe, virtual convertible. It has so many amenities, I can't understand why this isn't the top-rated SUV

The comfort, quietness, amenities, extra large sunroof, roominess, power, AWD, height (to avoid scraping & make getting packages in & out easier), the console is turned toward the driver (ingenious), steering-wheel controls, flat door top for elbow, automatic EVERYTHING - incl tire pressure alerts!

It is a bit tight/rough going over speed bumps (unnatural to the technology?). The ttailgate lift is remote now on the newer SRXs - yeah. It needs a telescopic steering wheel. The driver's side-view mirror should lower toward the ground in reverse as the passenger's mirror does. Otherwise, it's the best!

First Time Domestic Buyer / Would Do Again
By cochtera

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have always owned imports, but I have become a believer in Cadillac. We bought a pre-owned '04 SRX V8 with every available option. It has great space and incredible performance. It is as fun to drive as our Volvo V70 wagon. I highly recommend it!

The sports car-like performance, great brakes, adjustable foot pedals, and panoramic sunroof.

The navigation system is not the best. The reverse radar lighting system could be improved with audio warnings, not just warning lights in the back.

Not the Best in the World
By ATICO

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

All four tires on my 2004 Cadillac SRX, Goodyear Eagles, cupped within the first 5,000 miles. They made horrible noise. I could not get anyone to listen to me until the car had 24,000 miles on it and rode and sounded like a Sherman Tank. The battery had to be replaced. I also had the tire monitor repaired three times and the door seal reaplaced.

The exterior design.

Upgrade the tires and provide much more noise insulation.