Used 2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Drop it like its hot....(the car value)
By Mike

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Bought the 2015i Escalade ("i" indicates the new version with the new logo badge) for about 86k new. Looked to check the value of the vehicle and its around 50k in immaculate condition; first issue: truck does not hold its value. During my time, the Escalade has had its share of issues, to which the dealership was more than happy to resolve since it was under warranty. However, some of the issues out of the gate were fairly major. For example, my transmission was changed 1 year into the purchase (never got a full explanation on this one), airbags needed to be serviced, CUE system has been changed twice due to malfunctions like rebooting during use and turning bright green at times, and many, many small issues here and there. Unfortunately, these repairs were not lemon-able because they were all different, but on the upside I did get a try a wide variety of Cadillac cars through their loaner program. Other small issues like cabin noise and vibrations were similar to what I experienced in my Chevy Tahoe, except the Tahoe was around 40k and not exactly a premium vehicle. My recommendation, the Escalade struggles to compete with similarly priced SUVs; you are better off looking elsewhere or buying used.

WORST CAR WE'VE EVER OWNED!
By Clark Stahl

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

We owned a 2007 Escalade which was a fantastic vehicle. The time had come for something new so we naturally opted for a brand new Escalade Platinum SUV. Very long story short, the car began having issues almost immediately and has been back to the dealership more than a dozen times. We've had over two dozen separate issues. The dealership has done their best but the factory refuses to take the car back, even though many of the issues continue. Can't wait until the lease is up. We will NEVER own another Cadillac.

perfect for all purpose travel
By richard graham

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD w/ Prod. End 10/14 (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

taking 4 adults and two car seated kids to the beach, this is a perfect ride.....towing my boat to the lake when it has water....4X4 in the Colorado River Desert......interstate travel, especially in the snow, this is the safest ride.......going to the opera, this vehicle is the classiest car in the parking garage......so cool

Stay away from this vehicle
By Melissa S.

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

We have owned our vehicle since August 2015. We have had problems since the first day. Bad airbags, steering wheel had to be replaced 3 times, steering column replaced, torque converter replaced, front camera replaced. The MAIN issue is still not fixed after many many many trips to Service. There is a rough idle at any stop. The engine idle is so rough that the RPM's bar is moving up and down while the car is stopped. At times it feels like the car is going to shut off. Cadillac is not accepting responsibility and is saying this is NORMAL. So...if you like a rough idle in a $100,000 Luxury vehicle go ahead and buy this SUV. Otherwise, I would suggest you go down the road and find a different luxury vehicle.

2015 Cadillac Escalade Lemon!
By Ryan H.

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV w/ Prod. End 10/14 (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have already taken my escalade in to the dealer with significant problems 8 times. For $100K I think that is a bit much! Their overall styling of the escalde is nice. However, when you consider their usability, I have a feeling that they are FAR behind Lexus/Toyota. I will be trading my escalde in within the next week or so for a 2016 Lexus LX570.