Used 2016 Buick Verano Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Verano Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

If Stuck For A Cheap Car
By Rich K

It is an OK car.

Best value for the money in 2016 for a salesman.
By WizKid D

2016 Buick Verano Sedan Sport Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I drive this car about 550 miles per week for work as a route salesperson. It is also my personal weekend car as well. It is extremely comfortable and very competent on the road. I do all scheduled maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer. I currently have over 37k miles on it and not a single issue of any kind. I absolutely love this car and I'm glad I chose this over the others that I drove. I feel that for the price I paid I received an excellent value. My only irritation is that on occasion, the car cannot figure out what I am telling it on the in-car voice-controlled entertainment system. I'll ask it to tune XM CNN and it will say tuning XM 47. I'll ask it to play song title Jack and Dianne, and it will say playing I'm the man. A bit more work on voice recognition would have been nice, but it's not a big deal. It usually gives me a laugh when it makes some crazy, not even close, mistakes. I purchased a separate set of rims and tires for winter. This car NEEDS to have winter tires in New England. I wouldn't drive it on all seasons, especially with my territory. I will definitely look at Buick again when I get another car in three years. In my opinion, this is an excellent brand and a great model of vehicle. I feel safe, comfortable, and proud to be driving my Verano.

Finally, a small car with a touch of CLASS
By N R

2016 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Try driving it and make a left hand turn onto another street. That vertical post ahead of window is a HAZARD. The headrest on passenger seat is also a hazard. Can't look for traffic that is out of range of camera. Otherwise I love everything else about the car. A feeling of luxury, smooth quiet ride at an affordable price

2016 Buick Verano Premium Turbo
By Dan P.

2016 Buick Verano Sedan Premium Turbo Group 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Buick Verano is a terrific value for your money. I have the 2.0 Liter Turbo and the performance is outstanding. This car rides very smooth, it is stylish and the gas mileage is good. Buick has always been known for a comfortable ride but the Verano turbo is a fun drive, quick acceleration and eye catching. The Premium Turbo model has virtually all that you need in a car. It is dynamic and a GREAT car for the money. It is sporty and drives better than my prior car, an Infinity G37. All I can say is give this car a try if you want a luxury sedan at a terrific value.

Solid Car
By Mike S.

2016 Buick Verano Sedan Sport Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my new 2016 Buick Verano in May, and after about 1,200 miles, the car is solid, quiet, and very comfortable. While it isn't super quick or powerful, the 2.4 base engine is more than adequate for passing and maneuvering in city and highway driving, especially for commuting. The gas mileage is pretty good as well -- about mid 20s overall. The ride and handling are surprisingly composed and even nimble at times. While not a sports sedan, the car has precise steering that feels very well matched to its transmission, making it fun to drive despite its weight. As for the interior, I find the driver's seat to be comfortable and supportive, with good bolstering, and the soft-touch materials and aqua lighting are elegant. To me, the only real downsides are the number of controls on the dash (they're pretty logical after a while), the side window sills (which affect frontal visibility somewhat), and the small back seat (which is not an issue for me and is offset by the spacious trunk). Update: After 4,500 miles, the car remains solid, reliable, and very practical. The only service needed so far was an oil change. Overall, the Verano is a very good value for the money. Second Update after 7,500 miles and 14 months of ownership: The car remains solid, reliable, and very practical. The parking assistance features have been very useful when backing into spots.