Used 2011 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW X6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

It might cost you... or the warranty company
By KZ

2011 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

purchased ours used in excellent condition from the dealership with a secondary warranty. It only had 30,000 miles on it at the time and now has around 50k. It has been in the shop for 4 major repairs in the almost two years we’ve owned it - two different valve systems issues, axel replacement, leaking tubes. This has cost the warranty company over $15k. So caveat emptor.

It's Always Something!!
By AW

2011 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I am the second owner of this car and love the style, ride, handling and acceleration of the car. Purchased as a CPO. Without the warranty this car would cost a fortune to own. The car is 5 years old and has 83000 miles. It has required an engine overhaul, transmission work and 4 recalls with a fuel pump recall coming once the parts are available. For the last 10,000 miles the car has needed a quart of oil every 1000 miles, BMW told me this was normal. Recently, I needed to add coolant. Brought the car in to address the problem and was told after having the car for 2 weeks, it would need valve seals, engine gaskets and new turbo coolant lines, along with hoses. Total cost with the warranty 3500.00!! Service manager told me this is an engine on par with exotics and repairs like this should be expected. Wish I would have known!! Will stay away from BMW high end engines in the future, unless I make a killing in the stock market.

You better get the extended warranty
By london

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Before you buy a X5 - X6 drive model, you better check out the extended warranty. My 2011 BMW X6 with only 55K miles is currently at the dealership to have the drive shaft / transfer case repaired . If not for my extended warranty on the car, I would be out $5,000 to $7,000. I got lucky this time, but with less than a year left on the extended warranty, I'm now serioulsy thinking about trading my car in. This most likely will be first and last BMW, love the car, but hate the cost of repairs cost. Last year, I spent $1700 to have the front and rear brake pads replace.

It ain't the "Leave it to Beaver" family car
By brinson

2011 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I’m 50 y/o, been married some 29 plus years and through the marriage the newest cars has always gone to the wife until now. Arriving at that new family cycle stage when the children have grown up left home and mini-van has out lived it usefulness. Hence the BMW X6 the next generation “MAN TOYS”; three words to describe it; exclusive, powerful, and stylist. The X6 is not a “Leave it to Beaver” family car but for those who are already to accelerate and say wee through the next stage in life. Weekends the wife and I will just on spur of a moment pack a small bag and hit the road and ride, this car is truly a joy to drive. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The run flats tires; you keep going and going and going.

Buy the road hazard warranty, I didn’t and it cost me $570 to replace one of the run flat tire (nail in the size wall).

My snow car is a fun car
By guitar39

2011 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had MGs, TR-3, Barracudas, BMW m-coupe, Tesla Roadster Sport -- and none are more fun than the BMW X-6. It rides absolutely flat and smooth (the computer reads and regulates the shocks in microseconds), torque-vectoring kicks the rear end around coming out of a corner, and the performance is exciting. It also gets me home up 2000 feet in five miles, around 42 turns, in 4 inches of snow. It will outdrive any SUV including Porsche. When I ran it in an autocross (nobody autocrosses SUVs) I won my class and came in 26th overall -- on snow tires. Don't believe any of the junk you read about this car. It's brilliant.