Used 2012 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Blue beast
By Gator

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It’s been a trouble free car

My little sleeper
By Anthony Payton

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

If you're in the market for a Audi. The Q5 Sline Quattro 3.2 will not disappoint you, from safety,gas mileage to performance "Aubrey" is always getting compliments and out performing

Beguiled Buyer
By Jtstex2266

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased leave return. I loved the way it looked, made heads turn, the power, and fuel mileage. Bought certified lease return because they come with a 100,000 mile warranty. Made me feel safe. The car started using a lot of oil. Audi refills for free. The car started using 1/2 every 1000 miles. I was told normal. It still ran like scalded dag. I finally complained enough at the dealership that they "marked" my engine and did an oil consumption test at 78,000 miles. The engine was shot. It needed new pistons and rings. Worse news oil consumption is NOT covered by Audi's extended warranty. I also learned the 2.0 turbo aluminum block does NOT have steel sleeves. I wont even discuss the rotor issue, sun roof failure, oil separator failure......etc.

My Audi CarPlay
By monasun

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Out of all the car in the world, I chose this one. Sure I also wanted 35 mpg. But it get a true 28.1 on my first highway drive. And the comfort factor along with the B&0 speaker system. (Sweet). No problems so far. But I'm deciding on an extended warranty to address any expensive problems. I love this car...

Loved my car until it died
By jd

2012 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought my Audi Q5 new in 2012 after owning a VW Passat wagon which handled like a dream, but couldn't handle upstate NY pot holes. I maintained my Audi religiously through the dealership, all recalls were done when notified. At 80,000, (2010?)suddenly I had to start adding oil b4 the next oil change service. I questioned the dealership and was told that was to be expected because of the age of the vehicle & to keep adding oil. This continued for 2 1/2 years, and being continually reassured by the dealership. The oil light was coming on more frequently, I kept adding more oil. 2 months ago I went to a different dealership-(the original dealer is no longer dealing in Audi). They told me my pistons were bad, something had been manufactured incorrectly and there had been an issue that Audi knew of. To rectify the problem would cost me $6000. - again the dealer told me to just keep adding oil. I checked into it on the internet- class action suit years 2008-2011. My car is an early 2012-manufacturered 02/12. Contacted Audi told me to pay 4 an oil compression test, which didn't happened in time. My car is currently sitting in my driveway,@ 109,000 miles, undriveable and awaiting a tow truck because it suddenly does no more than 23 miles an hour. Audi's not sure what my out come will be!? AND that I should prepared myself for the outcome. WOW talk about stabbing loyal owners in the back. Get a Mercedes, BMW or Volvo.