Used 2016 Audi Q3 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q3 model:

Comfortable solid sporty fun-to-drive
By Scott

2016 Audi Q3 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Safety features are lacking, interior comfort is good for the driver and passenger. The second row passengers are a little cramped. The drive is very comfortable but not what I would call zippy from a complete stop. The navigation media center is lacking. I wish this vehicle had Apple CarPlay. The back hatch has adequate storage for luggage for two on a long trip. Of course, if it was just two in the care, you could fold down the back seats for significantly more storage. I leased this car and I am considering buying it at the end of the lease or trading it in for a newer version. Price includes Tech Package and Perma Plate.

Best visibility if you are height challenged
By Linda from NJ

2016 Audi Q3 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Q3, in my opinion, drives much better than the A3.

To Vermont and back to Texas
By Ned

2016 Audi Q3 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well you can say what you want about the limitations of the Q3, on the whole the vehicle is a fine machine. My 2016 Q3 has now 21,150 miles on it and has not missed a beat. Recently drove from Houston, Texas to Fair Haven, Vermont and back in ten days; it was a great experience from start to finish. The Q3 met every challenge along the way averaging 32.5 mph at posted speeds. Handled great, avoiding two possible truck encounters and a Northeaster that dumped 24 inches on us in Vermont. The all wheel option did well in the snow as well as in the rain and ice. Heated seats came in handy in 5 degree weather while the heated side mirrors made it easy to drive in the blowing snow conditions. A USB port would be nice but the Bluetooth option for Pandora and Audible made the trip a fun experience. If you want a good value with multiple option plus good mileage, the Q3 is an SUV worth considering.
Now a few more miles down the road and still enjoying my ride. On short coming is the lack of “gritty-up” to enter feeder lanes for our Texas highways; 50 more horse power would make a difference, then again Texas drivers love to go 80 in a 70 while staying on your bumper might have more to do with the sense you may be in somebody’s way creating that “need for speed”. I have 12 months left on my lease and probably will move up to a Q5 on the next go around. Something a little bigger and a better power to weight ratio.

One year out and still enjoying my Q3
By Niles F

2016 Audi Q3 Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2016 Prestige Q3 quattro with the Sport Package in Nov 2015 and love this SUV. I surprised myself when I bought this since I wasn’t looking for a “luxury” SUV. However, I had shopped for over a year and drove virtually every other SUV in its’ class and was just not impressed with the drive and handling (or sound systems) of the Q3’s competitors. I love how this SUV handles on winding roads and love driving it so much I look for excuses to take it out! I’ve read several reviews suggesting the Q3 may have below average acceleration and power but have not found this to be the case at all, even with passengers in the car. To me it’s like driving a sports car with an awesome sound system. Some blogs suggest you can purchase a Sprint Booster module for even faster acceleration but I don’t feel I need it. There is no lag in acceleration when I hit the gas unlike other SUVs in its’ class that I have test driven. I’ve only needed to take in for service for the first oil change/checkup; its' basically been flawless since I bought it over a year ago.

Update on 1/5/18. Over 2 years out and still loving my Q3. Perhaps the most important update I can give is that after all this time (closing in on 25K miles) I have had zero issues with my Q3. Hence, the quality of Audi's vehicles has held up in my case. I've also seen where Edmonds reviews lists sluggish performance and handling as negatives for the Q3. I can't speak for later models but I'm still very happy with the peppy acceleration on my Q3 and strongly disagree with the handling point. My Q3 is a dream to drive and handles extremely well on winding and downhill roads. This was a major selling point for me after driving many other SUVS. Breaking is also smooth and dependable. The infotainment system is admittedly dated (but has worked just fine) and gas mileage could be better (though has been slightly better than advertised in my case), however, these were not my highest priorities when purchasing my Q3. My advise is to test drive a Q3 if your looking to by a compact SUV and not go strictly by the reviews.

The best car I have owned, truly
By Linda H.

2016 Audi Q3 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Audi, but I have had several VWs and they are the same "family". I have owned it 6 months. It is nimble, handles the road well and it accelerates well when I need it to. I love back country roads with hills and corners and would call this a "driver's car". If you enjoy driving, this is great for that and driving is not boring. I already used the word nimble, but I emphasize this word here as it makes me smile and I often think "I am one with the car" when I drive this. I drove in ice and snow with it for the first time earlier this week. These were bad conditions and a 45 minute drive took me 2 1/2 hours and my Audi handled it like a champ, truly. Other cars were spun off to the side and this vehicle stayed on track (of course I drive according to the conditions) and my car simply did it well. As for complaints, I would say that being able to change songs on my MP3 or change stations on my radio ought to be on the steering wheel vs. the dash. I also am waiting for my first oil change (soon) to have them do something to update my GPS maps as this car doesn't "get" newer construction and simply thinks I'm off-road at times. But, aside from that, it is a joy to own and drive, so very quiet and I have to also say that not a week goes by without a stranger telling me it is "so pretty" and complimenting it. Someone helped me out of a store with something heavy not long ago and stopped in their tracks and stated "You have my dream car!" and I did enjoy that. Something is awfully fun about having people making a remark regularly about how nice the car is, I admit that. I have never felt compelled to write a review before of any car I have owned, but I love this so much that I decided that I needed to share. It is simply just a happy vehicle for me to own, I like happy!

Updated, at Edmunds request at a few weeks less than one year of ownership: I still love the car. I'm still as happy as I was before. It is a great vehicle and it is all the things I said previously. I've not got about 18,000 miles on it. People literally stop me in parking lots or gas stations to tell me what a pretty car it is, and I still love that. I had an incident with the car where I avoided hitting a dog in the road (sadly it was running free) and hit a curb and destroyed a tire. It needed a front end alignment after that. Everything is fine, the vehicle handled an incident like that well and I was quickly able to adjust my driving and avoid hitting something. It brakes well, handles well, does it all.
As stated previously, my only less than perfect rating is the technology. The radio is sluggish when you try to surf stations, not being able to change stations using the steering wheel is a negative on long rides. The sound is good. The GPS is "old school" and not a touch screen and it sometimes doesn't know where it is, forget trying the voice commands as it never gets what you say, even if it is said clearly. An update of that would be $420 dollars at the dealership, so no thanks on that. I have a previously purchased Garmin in the car and will use that for long trips at the same time as the navigation in this car as I now do not trust it. One time I was in the car driving in Rhode Island and it literally placed my car out in the ocean rather than on the route. That was truly bizarre. Yet, 95% of the time it works just fine. I need dependability for appointments and trips, so hence the need to have the Garmin on hand.