Used 2004 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews

Used RSX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Mistake to stop producing RSX's!

ratty, 05/11/2010

This has been a great car, very reliable, fun to drive! Don't know why Acura stopped making this model? Would buy another in a flash.

Love this car!

anhdao, 06/06/2012

I owned this car for 8 years and loved it. Such a great value for a car with all of the main luxury items you would want. I never had any major mechanical problems and always had fun driving this even though it was a stick and I lived in LA. Had to trade it in for a more family friendly car last year, but still miss driving it!

Very disappointed...

prettyboon, 04/06/2005

I am very disappointed in this car. I used to be a big Honda fan, but I think i've changed my mind. The transmission sucks, which is a common complaint. Fuel economy is bad. The interior is missing alot of luxuries for the price. Heated leather seats should be standard, along with lighted vanity mirrors. The interior is very plain looking. The stock tires are bordering on dangerous for being on the car. After less than a year of having the car there were already rattles in the dash. I'm trading this car in very soon. This car is no Integra. I don't know what Honda was thinking.

No longer own this vehicle

Gilbert Frey, 01/02/2016
Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Car is not overly comfortable on long road trips. Rear visibility is poor. Blind spots are bad for lane changing. Backup camera is a must (I added this myself). Rear seats are small and cramped and uncomfortable. Hard to exit the car gracefully. Parts are noticeably expensive (had to replace starter recently). Car was sold in April 2016 and not replaced by another vehicle

Too many problems with this car.

ThisCarSucksIHateIt, 04/07/2004

I had a Mitsubishi before this car, and this car is so much worse. It is constantly in the shop. Transmission problems, rattles, squeeks, noises, the stereo was incorrectly wired. Just recently, my engine went out. I started looking to see if others had similar problems on the net, and it's worse. I found about 300 other owners also having engine failures, some people claim there are thousands more. Then I saw a video of a guy on FOX News talking about how his engine went out and his car is a LEMON. It's a nightmare. Today I found out that they are not warrantying my engine and my parents have to pay 10,000 dollars to fix it!

Acura Sucks

Matthew Stewart, 06/24/2004

The enigne block was cracked after 5,500 miles. I took it in becuase it was leaking oil. They replaced the oil filter. Still something wrong so they had to "call" Acura to find out the small block was cracked. Seriously. It took 17 days to fix and when I was intially told I could get it the dealer said my car was not ready because my engine was "laying in pieces on the floor". Not a comforting thought. They clutch just went out at 45,000 miles and they would not replace it for free because it is a wearable part. Well, I guess the enigne is "wearable" too but it still does not go bad after 5,500 miles. The seal around the driver's door was coming undone.

Tranny problems

hondalover, 09/30/2008

I have owned Hondas all my life, every version of the Civic or Integra imaginable. This RSX Type S was very disappointing. The 6 speed transmission was a major problem for me, and I brought it back to the dealer several times. These cars notoriously grind 2nd and 3rd gears, and when I brought it back to the dealer they claimed that they could not "replicate the problem" Engine is awesome, suspension is killer, but the tranny is a huge problem! Beware when you purchase!

RSX is not an INTEGRA

Integragrl22, 02/25/2004

I am disappointed in acura for calling the RSX and integra. It is nothing like an integra and doesn't deserve the name. Acura needs to bring back the REAL integra.

Loves to redline!

Adam, 12/07/2009

Bought my Type-S used with 29k miles in 06. 3 years later and now with 83K miles the car still drives great. Very reliable, great on gas, with few bolt ons car will give you a run for its money. I have driven the car hard for 3 years and never gave me any problems.

TypeS Excellent value for the price

ran, 10/22/2003

While the exterior and interior leave much to the imagination the performance is undeniable. For a car at this price it is excellent and you know you have Honda's reputation of reliability behind you.

12345...12