A Nice Upscale Vehicle
By Sunny Blue Skies on
2002 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)
I bought my 2002 S60 in 2004. The car already had 75,000 miles on it from being a corporate lease vehicle. I was a bit leery at first to pay a higher price for such high miles. So far, I have had the small things wrong. Repair is fairly comparable if you get it done at a non-dealer repair shop. Sad to say the repair shop I took mine to for most of my ownership, ruined my oil drain plug opening, and now I am faced with an $800 repair for a new pan as the hole can not be repaired. Also the fuel door hinge broke and now I have to place the door on the trunk at fill up, but that part is only 10 bucks and I will repair myself. Overall its an ok car, hopefully Volvo has improved any issues.
Favorite Features
All owners can agree on the seats! I like the stock audio system and auto headlights. I also like the Volvo safety features. I live now in the desert so we will see how it holds up in the 116 degree temps!
Suggested Improvements
Please make the fuel door hinge better! That is a weird part to have fail. Also a little more oomph on the standard base 2.4 engine without a turbocharger. Also improvements on the electrical system. Most people would like more rear leg room, but that is what the S80 is for : )