Used 2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

Watch the oil level
By fshifteh

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent, Nav (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is an update on my previous posts. Recently at 28000 miles I noticed the oil pressure light was flashing in my Routan. After inspecting the dipstick I was surprised to see that the car had very little oil, so I ended up adding 2.5 quarts of 5W-20 oil. I was surprised because I have never missed any of my scheduled maintenance. When I took the car to the dealer they said that they have seen this issue with these vans. And the recommendation was to check the oil level every 3000 miles. They said these vans burn oil in average 1 quart every 3000 miles. For your info, I have changed my engine oil in average every 5500 miles when the light had indicated that it is time to do so.

Great look. Poor workmanship.
By rigosauce

We liked that the Routon did not have the "typical" look of a minivan and being that my wife and I are relatively young, we thought we could drive it and not hurt our pride. It drives well and is rather comfortable especially if you have small children. the DVD system along with the inputs for my son's xbox were utilized to the max. we became disheartened when the van started to shake while braking. We took it ito the dealer and the front rotors were going out...at 20k miles! they fixed it but, 7k miles later, the shaking began-again.This time its the back rotors. We decided to trade in the van because we did not want to chance any more breakdowns in the future.

We totally loved the XM and DVD system.

More glove compartment space. Better gas mileage. It has horrible gas mileage.

By fshifteh

This is a follow up to my earlier comments about my Routan. I have more than 24000 miles on the car. During the past 20 months, I had to replace my front brakes and rotors twice. The rear rotors have also been turned twice and the rear brakes were replaced as well. Fortunately everything has been under warranty. Even though I could consider buying this car when the lease is up in a year, but my concern is that I have to replace the brakes every year since it won't be covered by any service contract.

Navigation system and interior seat comforts.

The Entertainment system unit makes a lot of squeky noiuse when driving on rough road. I have taken this to dealer twice but they say it is normal and it is due to plastic rubbing against metal. Pretty annoying. Also the second row seats don't slide back and can't be stowed in the floor.

One problem after another
By traci0815

I wish I would have stuck to the Honda Odyssey. My 2010 VW Routon has several nose issues. Every time I step on the gas it starts a squealing noise and as soon as I take my foot off the gas pedal it stops. The right slide door sticks and sounds like it will fall off. There is a knocking noise in the right passenger door. The engine sometimes does not shift smoothly. and of course the dealer has no idea how to fix these problems!!! :(

Love the dash and navigation feature.

Awesome Ride
By crimsontidefam

2010 Volkswagen Routan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan w/Rear Seat Ent (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Not Sure why some give this "Minivan" a bad reputation. I tested drove all the Minivans out there, and this by far is the best. Town and Country/Dodge might produce this product, but I can ensure you Germans enginnered it. It drives better, looks better, and is night and day compared to the Town and Country/Dodge. You feel as though you are driving a German Automobile. It is Fahrvergnügen.

Dual DVDS-Kids Love it Comfortable Seating Back Up Camara Extra Storage A?C, Heating Unit Driving

Cup Holders in Cabin, cannot understand why there are 8 cupholders in the Front Seating Area. And 2nd Row is on Door.