2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews 7

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
2006 Model JETTA TDI
By Mechanobot on 05/18/08 06:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

It is probably the best car I ever owned. Comfort, reliability, and yes, MPG! I do take pictures from time to time to show people and even drive around some skeptical colleagues. I do get on a highway about 52-53 mpg ! yes, that is right, not a typo, and about 45- 47 in the city. It has pickup, torque, fast acceleration (you can drive in manual too) and is real good quality made.

Best car yet
By Rodney Trail on 05/17/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I had driven company cars, one new one every 16 months, now have my own Jetta TDI Special Edition, it's the best car i have ever owned, fantastic vehicle

Great Car
By jfc on 05/15/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is my favorite car out of all the ones I have owned. It has a great mix of performance and economy. Where else can you get a car that handles great, is comfortable, is fun to drive slow or fast, and gets incredible gas mileage? If I take it easy, I easily get 45 mpg on the highway or around 40 mpg mixed driving. If I drive it hard (meaning quick accelerations, lots of speed up and slow downs with gunning it, and 80-90 mph on the highway) I still average in the high 30's. Incredible. I thought about a hybrid, but I'm glad I went this route. The hybrid is not nearly as fun or sporty and does not really get any better gas mileage (specially if you do a log of highway or hard driving).

Great Car
By are on 05/13/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Solid ride. Great handling. Comfortable seats. Huge trunk. Head and shoulders above the 2005 TDI Jetta that I had. TDI rocks with all that low end torque. It drives fantastic quiet and secure (10 airbags). The DSG automatic transmission feels like a CVT, seemless. Drives comparable to a new Mercedes c300 (My father owns one)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
By Rich on 05/08/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Great car, a lot of fun to drive, great handling, 50+ MPG average, very quiet diesel, good power, good looking. Love It !

TDI is missed
By smithrep on 04/11/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought the TDI last June after having to stop at the pumps 3 times/week with my Infiniti G35 coupe with my sales career. I was reluctant to get the VW but afterwards I was very, very happy with the MPG's. averaged 36-42 but topped out over 50 mpg on a few occasions. (including the one where I took it to trade it in). I did just trade it in on a FJ Cruiser because I am starting a company where I need more room to haul equipment and also something to pull my boat. While the FJ is averaging around 20 mpg (good for suv), it is no TDI. I definitely already miss my VW but I do not miss having to fill up at the diesel tanks then having to go inside of store to pay for diesel.

Great car after 1 year
By Jeff on 04/09/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

No problems to report after 1 year of ownership. Highly recommend this vehicle, particularly if you want to get combination of good fuel economy and performance.

TDI Rocks!!
By DieselRocks on 02/19/08 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

It's all about the fuel economy, 530 miles per tank, need to say more? Handles the Turnpike very well, sways a little with the wind - the best part driving around curves Vroom Vroom Vroom.

Great value
By Larry on 01/30/08 22:16 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Except for the MPG you'd never guess it's a diesel. Has a lot going for it. Ride, dry road handling, seat comfort, fit/finish all great. Good pick-up once turbo is engaged. People have mistaken it for a BMW - good looking car. I have driven trucks for years and got tired of the gas bill. I am really pleased with this terrific car.

Excellent vehicle! Love the car.
By Shel on 01/08/08 09:16 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I was leery about the purchase. Never owned a foreign car. I average about 47 mpg on the highway and 41 in the city. I have no complaints about the car. I love it and the fuel mpg!!