Used 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2005 Jetta TDI
By john rollins

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I am happy with the 42 mpg average on my 80 mile daily commute, averaging highway speeds of 65 to 79.999 mph. My car passes everything including the gas pumps. I'm saving about $2,500 a year on fuel driving this car. In nine years if fuel is still $2.79 per gallon the car was free. 2005 TDI GLS, leather, 5 speed, moonroof, monsoon was less than $22,000, free after 9 years of fuel savings. That's a discount program.

speed, fuel economy, ride, and handling.

Even better gas mileage. More attention to detail on interior and exterior during manufaturing and assembly.

I love my Jetta
By U Hansen

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I love this car. I handles great. Fuel consumption is reasonable. It is an excellent city car, but also good on the highway. I have had four Jettas, and this is by far the best.

The seat has excellent back support trip computer excellent climate control (it's needed in San Antonio, TX)

None right now.

Best New Car Ever!
By Dan

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The price of gas drvoe me to trade in my 2003 4WD Toyota Tundra, which I really liked, on the new Jetta. After a lot of research, I decided that the Jetta was clearly the best value going. There are a few other cars out there with the new Jetta's features, but they cost thousands more. But the real proof came with the buying and the driving. I have never been happier with any car than this one. Superb in every respect, inside and out. If it weren't for the VW symbol on the steering wheel, you would think you were driving a car that you could never afford. Forget the high-priced alternatives like BMW or SAAB...there's no comparison. Now I look for reasons to have to drive somewhere!

Superior quality of the cabin materials. Great handling and pickup. Tiptronic transmission. Excellent 10- speaker stereo with XM radio and 6-CD changer. Styling and lines. Rain sensor wipers. Six-way power front seats (both sides). Multi-function Display. Interior lighting. Everything!

Door sill guards should come standard, installed. Need a side molding along the doors to keep dents away. Just a bit more tint on the windows. Minor things at most and certainly no reasons to not buy this car! Way to go VW!

NEW 05 TDI experience
By greggor63

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After owning a 2000 Beetle GLX turbo for 5 years with gas prices rising I decided to make a switch. Deciding on the 2005.5 New Jetta TDI with package #2 all the options. I have really enjoyed the overall performance and not to mention the mileage. I get 38 in the city and 48 on the highway. Amazing what diesel technology can do. I would definately tell anyone interested to go diesel. Anyone who wants to can relpy with their VW experiences.

Rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights and remote opening trunk lid. XM satellite radio what a joy. Nice features.

Keep the package #2 option levels. Heard the 2006 model will be shorting its customers some of the bells and whistles?

Ecstatic
By Gary

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Been looking for a non-hybrid fuel efficient car to replace my truck from everyday driving. Looked on line and found that the VW diesels were the most fuel efficient. I test drove a 2005 Jetta and liked it. I couldn't find a great deal in May before the new body styoe came out, so I waited. I lucked into a 2005.5 loaded automatic TDI and bought at dealer invoice. I drive about 4,200 miles each month, 90% hwy, & will save 150 gallons a month at 42 mpg. In only 2 days, I have been averaging better fuel economy every time I get in the car. Yesterday it was 48+ mpg and todfay it was 51+ mpg. I look forward to averaging between 50 & 60 mpg & have the fuel savings pay for the car!

The diesel engine, the 6-speed auto transmission, the leather interior, and all the bells and whistles I wouldn't have thought of.

Fix the glare from the center brake light on the rear windshield while driving at night. The electric seat control for the pre selected drivers - when you turn the car off the seat slides back to allow more room for entering and exiting the vehicle.