2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews 32

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
dysteria
By Dysteria on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car with the 6 cylinder and the 5 speed is a blast to drive. It really goes from a stop and all the way through the rpm curve. I was also very impressed with the handling, it handled like an expensive german car (ie BMW). The quality was also outstanding.

Near perfect VEEDUB!
By Veedub Addict on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Jetta I was surprised when I hound out it only had 115 hp! It wasn't really fast but did keep up with V6 Accords. This car is near perfect with a few exceptions: it needs more power, needs more legroom both front and back, and to restyle the seat back tilt(use something else than a wheel all the way back) I think its givin me carpal tunnel syndrome. Otherwise this vehicle is more fun to drive than my Passat.

Love it
By satoshi on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got my black Jetta 1.8T GLS last Friday. It is so much fun to drive and it looks so beautiful. Got the sport luxury package: 17" alloys, sport suspension, and a power sunroof. These cars are built in Mexico, and I don't really trust Mexican quality control. It worries me. The Jetta 1.8T GLS is definitely more bang for the buck than a BMW or Lexus. It's not as nice as those other cars, but I'll be paying off the Jetta in 2 years instead of 5 years for the IS 300. I don't like that the acceleration curve is not very smooth. You have to be careful with all that torque or you are risking whiplash. I also wish it got better gas mileage. (only 22/29)

Poor
By Dawn Fabiano on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 9000 miles a new transmission had to be put into the car. The service dept at the dealership has done all the maitenance on the vehicle and there is either an oil consumption problem or the service dept never checked the oil when I brought it in so 5 days later there was no oil registering in the engine. I also just received a recall in the mail about the ABS system potential to malfunction and cause a fire. For a 9 month old car this is unacceptable.

Value for Dollar Spent
By jschade on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Own two Jetta's and a Passat, like the Jetta driveability and road feel better!

Very happy
By aj on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We've bought a VW Jetta 1.8 T stick shaft over a year back and are extremely satisfied with the performance. Its a lot of fun...!

Very happy
By jane on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun Car to expensive
By Ant on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 01 but the 02 were out so I got a deal on it. Its fun to drive handlkes great but the interior catches evcery piece of lint, cup holders suck, the radio's rear speakers seem to have a problem; brought them back twice dealership can't figure it out, and two days off the lot i had to bring it back they replaced all the brake pads. VW makes a decent car but they charge for a great car. Either they need to lower the cost or increase quality.

Good price for a good car
By Xin on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

A very valuebale car!

Fahrvergnügen in a Lemon!?
By acarr on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After a great sales experience, my Jetta promptly started to fall apart. With only 675 miles on the car, the gas door release button fell into the door panel and the gas sensor was bad. I took it into the dealer, with it only to happen again 3 days after picking it back up with 1218 miles. Not only could I not put gas in the car (there is no manual release), I didn't know how much gas I had left! VW Cust. Service called the service dealership to where I was to be towed and they could not see me for TWO DAYS! I was stuck! Now, with only 1920 miles, the malfunction light on the dash is on signifying an engine fault. Three separate defects in under 2000 miles? Is this acceptable to VW?