2007 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Early thoughts

2007 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Early thoughts
By nectar on

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Package 1, 18" hufs, vortex body kit, wow... this car is well sorted. Power is smooth and plentiful, tranny is lovely, not notchy in the least. And the handling/brakes are great bone stock. I was considering a WRX, Mazdaspeed3 (which my brother owns and loves it as well), and a few others. I drove the GTI and feel in love. Having been a long time VW owner (I currently own), I was happy to see the GTI is made in Germany. I've just made it past the break-in period, so I'm finally able to do some spirited driving and I couldn't be happier (well, AWD would have made this car perfect, but hey we can't have it all). This car was built to drive. I smile every time I get in.

Interlagos plaid!! Xenon headlights, transmission, power delivery and general styling (both interior and exterior). The vortex body kit is great. And the 18" wheels (made by bbs) are lighter than a number of aftermarket wheels.

Give us the euro spec springs! (It sits like a 4x4 stock). This isn't a fault, I just don't like fender gap. Easily solved with coil-overs. Maybe improve the stereo. Again, this is a nitů the stereo isn't horrible. But I'm picky with my tunes.