dont buy a gti
By lemongti on
2007 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
My 07 has less than 30,000 miles on it. Last week the transmission needed to be completely replaced luckily under warranty. Got it back and check engine light came on. Dealer said intake rotor motor needed replacing. Not under warranty and over 500 in parts and labor. The company sent an extended warranty on the camshaft because it has been found to wear out prematurely. I bought a new car in an effort to not get nickel and dimed on repairs. I guess I didn't get nickel and dimed they have all been major top dollar repairs. I will never even consider another VW or Audi or anything related.
Favorite Features
It is fun to drive when it is working
Suggested Improvements
Manufacture a reliable vehicle that is deserving of the reputation German engineering has built it's reputation on.
By kitty12345
on 06/28/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

I've had the same problem with my GTI 2007. Mine was not under warranty and has less that 50,000 miles. Could only afford a rebuilt transmission. Car was driven by salesman for the first 6000 miles. Also found out it has 2 bent wheels, was not visable unless you checked on the inside of wheel (which was done by the salesman during the first 6000 miles. Never had problem balancing tires. I plan to sell as soon I as get back from dealer (which won't work with me). I intend to sell immediatly and purchase a new car from a different dealer.