Used 2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Gti - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

Better than a Honda
By jburnette

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is really a great car. The good outweighs the bad and the car is the first of many that I want to hang on to. My only real problem with the car is the many dash noises and some weird sounds that keep coming up from time to time. The quality of the interior is sound and not cheap plastic. I can't understand why this car makes sounds that seem not to be an easy fix. It seems so solid. Overall you won't be sorry. This cars gets tons of attention no matter where you go. The price is a bit high but it's really worth it.

Favorite Features

Seats and dash look great. 200 hp is a plus and it's a very sharp looking car from every aspect.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the noisy dash.

Absolutely Amazing!
By RWH

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is incredible! It looks great and drives even better. I must have driven about 15 different cars before I decided on the GTI, and I am 100% satified with it. The acceleration, handling, and braking are all top notch. It feels like driving a car that costs 2x what the GTI costs. The seats are incredibly comfortable and offer excellent support for cornering and for long drives. The stereo rocks, and the displays and controls are well designed and easy to use. I find myself trying to invent things to do just so I can drive it again.

Favorite Features

Looks, 18" wheels, steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly larger sun visors, power seats/seat position memory.

Early thoughts
By nectar

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Package 1, 18" hufs, vortex body kit, wow... this car is well sorted. Power is smooth and plentiful, tranny is lovely, not notchy in the least. And the handling/brakes are great bone stock. I was considering a WRX, Mazdaspeed3 (which my brother owns and loves it as well), and a few others. I drove the GTI and feel in love. Having been a long time VW owner (I currently own), I was happy to see the GTI is made in Germany. I've just made it past the break-in period, so I'm finally able to do some spirited driving and I couldn't be happier (well, AWD would have made this car perfect, but hey we can't have it all). This car was built to drive. I smile every time I get in.

Favorite Features

Interlagos plaid!! Xenon headlights, transmission, power delivery and general styling (both interior and exterior). The vortex body kit is great. And the 18" wheels (made by bbs) are lighter than a number of aftermarket wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Give us the euro spec springs! (It sits like a 4x4 stock). This isn't a fault, I just don't like fender gap. Easily solved with coil-overs. Maybe improve the stereo. Again, this is a nitů the stereo isn't horrible. But I'm picky with my tunes.

Worth Every Penny!
By lefter13

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I enjoy my car very much. It's a lot of fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The purple and red interior lights are very cool. The car handles like a dream with the 18 inch summer tires.

Suggested Improvements

More power is always welcome. But the 2.0L is a great engine.

Best bang 4 the buck
By Joel

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car drives and performs great, the fuel economy is excellent. I previously owned a MK4 GTi and it was a great car but this one is far better, good job VW.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, engine and smooth 6M tranny.

Suggested Improvements

LSD (limited slip differential) and lower ride height (done for '08 models).