2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Fun and exciting car
By heat on 04/12/07 04:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Fahrenheit 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I initially went just to see what the hype was about and fell in love after the test drive. I was going to look at the Civic Si, but didn't even get out of the VW place with out the car. Took the one off the show room floor, #269 out of 1200. The car is really fun to drive. The seats are really comfortable. This is my first VW and definitely won't be my last. The DSG auto trans is really fun to play with when you want to do just that... play! I actually look forward to driving again.

Really Good Car!
By Carboy on 04/10/07 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The best car I have ever driven, I have driven a lot of the hatchbacks but none are as fun as the GTI to drive. The DSG is a very nice transmission that adds to the great performance of the car. The car that compares the closest to the GTI would be the Audi A3.

2007 Volkswagen GTI
By BurntGauge on 04/09/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

At first I was a bit scared to get a FWD, turbo, German car. But I'm convinced that this truly is the Car of the Year. It's just so well balanced, well made, fun to drive, loaded with features, and affordable. There's nothing to hate perhaps except that you can't drift with it as easy as you'd like... but I can get over that easy.

Back to the drawing board
By Babs on 04/07/07 15:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is NOT what I expected. Lots of wind noise drowning out the nice stereo system. Creaks, rattles and groans (mine). This car is going back to the dealer and some other fool can try and enjoy its poor build quality.

Love the new GTI!
By PTown GTI on 04/02/07 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car since Nov. It is everything that I hoped for and more. A real pleasure to drive on the twisties, and around town to work. I was down to either this or the Audi A3, which has worse ergonomics, worse visibility - but cool sunroof. Glad that I went with the VW. A few rattles here and there, but I am really particular, so take that with stride. The summer tires that come with the car are just that - poor once the weather cools off. The 6 speed manual is AMAZING - why someone would go for the DSG is beyond me. Highly recommended!!

Fun, but not Fun
By NL on 03/09/07 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been for service ten times already in five months. Granted, everything is covered under warranty, but the hassle of coming in for burnt out LED's, airbag lights, wind noise, ticking sounds, immobilizer malfunctions, radio, squeaks and rattles (and I mean a lot!)... etc is really annoying. Also, I never imagined that a car like this would have so many design quirks. I can't name them all, I only have 250 words left. To paraphrase, you'll waste a lot of gas, a lot of tires, a lot of windshield washer fluid, a lot of your time and a lot of your money to fix problems. When I first received my car I had two scratches on the door and center console, and glue all over the inside of the roof.

Performance and Practicality
By Chris on 03/07/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First of all, to be honest I never thought I would own a VW. I went and test drove an '07 Civic Si, but found it to be lacking in the torque department. I also considered the Scion tC but found it to be lacking the quality of the Toyotas that I have owned before. When I first test drove the GTI I was surprised by how smooth and refined the power was. It doesn't require you to downshift every time you need to pass since it makes so much torque and at such low rpm. There is NO lag that I can tell. The cabin is well organized, being driver oriented with most features that I wanted being standard. The car is also very quiet with a supple ride for a sports car, paired with a responsive steering system.

Got a FAST!
By JR on 02/23/07 07:53 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only owned my GTI for three days now but I am really enjoying it. I was not a huge fan of VWs before my wife wanted to go look at them when we seen this car and drove it I had to have it. I first thought what am I doing dropping this much money on a 2-door hatchback but after driving it more and feeling the performance this little thing has it is worth it. If you are thinking of looking at one drive it before you look at the sticker price.

Return to the VW Family
By Adam on 02/09/07 22:20 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My first two cars were purchases that I could afford. This car was a "desire" and a nice treat to myself. It has fantastic pickup, a great transmission, and a beautiful VW interior. It gets good gas mileage for a sporty car. It handles very nicely. The sport suspension took some time to get used to after driving two floaty cars prior to this one. The hatchback is very practical, despite American's typical disdain of them. My mother has owned 11 VWs with very few reliability problems and they are extremely safe. My brother was in a head on collision in a '98 Jetta going 65 mph. He literally walked away with no injuries. This alone is a reason to buy VW.

This is a Great, Fun Little Car!
By mheins57 on 02/04/07 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After I test drove it, I canceled my other test drives and bought the GTI. Mine is actually a 2006.5, but it has the same features as the 2007 model. I love almost everything about it, especially its power. I opted for the manual transmission because I like the feel of shifting myself. the clutch and shifter are very smooth. The interior design seems well thought out, and has lots of nice little extra features I never got in my American cars. It is relatively quiet for a little car. It has really brought back the pleasure of driving for me, which I thought I had lost.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.