My Yaris Rocks!
By My Yaris Rocks on
2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I loved my car from the first moment I test drove it. I think it's the cutest little car and it drives surprisingly well. It, of course, gets incredible gas mileage and I've driven in blizzards, over mountain ranges, in horrible city traffic, over dirt roads, and against 100 mph rainstorm winds, amongst other situations. The lowest gas mileage I ever got was 35 mpg. It's peppy, hardy and reliable. In fact, last month I drove it nearly 2800 miles in about 52 hours, from Maryland to southern California. It was packed FULL with half my apartment and me and my cats and we drove over the Appalachian mountains & the Rocky Mountains in Colorado & lots more, quickly and without a single problem.
Favorite Features
This car has super responsive steering that allows me to parallel park in the smallest nearly impossible spaces and to react to crazy drivers in hundreds of situations. The seating and steering wheel arrangement is perfect for me & my tall height (I'm 5'11"). I am so comfortable sitting in this car.
Suggested Improvements
A better suspension system would be good. Most people don't notice it, but those who are used to super smooth rides might be disappointed. A sturdier body would be nice, because it dents too easily (I've learned to keep it away from drunks and people who like to kick cars).