Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Yay
By plmille2

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris to replace my 1999 Honda Civic and I can honestly say I could not be happier. The gas mileage is slightly better, but the overall comfort is amazing. The first day I drove it to work everyone commented on how small it was, then wanted to buy one for themselves when they sat in it. It is SO roomy inside, more roomy than my Civic, and drives very smooth. The body seems solid on the interstate and it hugs the roadway. I was surprised to find how high it sits. There have been many times when I am sitting at a red light and a crossover or SUV pulls up next to me and I am eye level with the driver, and I'm only 5'4". It makes me feel much safer.

Body style, perfect size for student and passenger, design, ride quality, height.

The plastic interior does seem to scuff easily, but it is wiped away very simply with some armor-all or a wet wipe. The back windshield (I think) rattles when I go certain speeds, but it may just be my storage container in the trunk.

I love my Yaris
By Peggy

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did research before getting this car. Got it yesterday and love it, love it, love it. It is like driving a sports car. I had a lot of errands to run and the gas gauge barely moved. It is zippy, picks up speed on the highway nicely. It is great fun!

Handling, gas mileage, appearance.

don't know of any yet

Great Little Car
By Andy

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am amazed about this car. I wanted good gas mileage and this car delivers! Great performance for the engine it has. It maneuvers really good. The Yaris gets in places that my Dodge Caravan could never go. I got the convenience package with a great audio system and 15 inch wheels. I am very satisfied with the Yaris!!

I am 6 foot and the Yaris has lots of legroom for me. It handles great. Comfortable. Lots of spaces to place things.

None whatsoever.

Great little car
By kernal

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Camry XLE V6 which I use for long trips. I wanted a small economical new car with good mileage to drive around locally. I compared the Chev Aveo, the Smart car and a small Kia. I felt the Toyota Yaris would meet my needs and I have not been disappointed. The mpg is very good above advertised. The car is comfortable, fun and easy to drive. For a small 2 door hatchback it has a surprising amount interior room. With the rear 60-40 rear seat down it has a great cargo space in the back. I added a few options for comfort and appearance. As with any small car it sways on the highway in high crosswinds. Overall I am very pleased with this car. It does cost a little more than similar.

My Yaris has auto trans and the power package with electric windows, good radio and rear wiper with heated glass. I like the standard features that come with the base model. High mileage was my reason for buying this car. All Yaris' have a great 1.5 L engine with 4 valves per cyl and VVT.

I was disappointed that the Yaris is in short supply and it is hard to find what you want on this car. The Toyota web site says that the car comes with quite a few options. You cannot order a car from the factory with your desired features. You must take what comes off the truck carrier. Bummer.

small car, but so roomy inside.
By i like driving now

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my Yaris and I couldn't be happier! My explorer was only 2 years old, but the gas prices were killing me and it was just too big. I enjoy driving now. I never have any backseat passengers anyway, so i put the backseats down and it's like a mini-suv. I even fit a desk and chair back there. I love all the cubby and stash places. I don't like things loose in my car. The doors are big it's alot easier to get in and out than I thought it would be. Didn't realize it tells you what gear you are in on the computer screen. Mom drove it in 3rd. Now we got it figured out. It has a great turn radius so 3 point turns are a cinchOutside. They put a lot of thought into this little car!

All the gloveboxes and cubbies. The design is so cute, very euro. Easy and fun to drive. I like the speedometer placement I think it is stupid to have to look through a steering wheel. Great gas mileage. Auxiliary input. Black interior, black seats with blue polka dots! No beige please!

I'd like to see more options. Leather would be nice. Another ac input I only found one. Heated seats. I think a center console would be really be awesome.