2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Great Car for the Money
By Bob on 05/31/08 21:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2008 Yaris for one reason,gas prices. But I am pleased at the quality of this car. I bought the automatic which has no acceleration problems. This car is fun to drive and comfortable! I love going to the gas station. Have been offered more than I paid for it!

Value and mileage
By dp on 05/30/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car as a commuter and delivery car for my business. Got to say going from a big crew cab diesel 4x4 to this was a big change. But once I drove it the car feels much bigger than it is inside and out. Brought a smile to my face when I filled up and was getting almost 40 mpg on the first tank. This was driving in the city for deliveries all day and my freeway commute of 70 miles. I like this little car more and more never getting below 36 mpg even got high as 42 mpg! Yes its is basically a throw away car after 5 years but what it saves me in gas for work and my drive, who cares!

Great Little car
By Granma on 05/25/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This little car may have saved my job, home health aide. Though I get a gas allowance, it no way covers the cost of gas for a Buick LaSabre at about 25 mpg. This Yaris so far gets about 39 mpg on the highway and county roads. I travel about 200-250 weekly. Love my blue Yaris!!!

Surprise
By iammead on 05/25/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Traded a Hyundai Santa Fe because of the gas prices. Stunned by the room in the back, better knee room than the Santa Fe. We were drawn by the looks and the Toyota reputation for high quality. Love to drive this car. No intimidation feeling on the highway around semis. No load road noise. Parking is wonderful. Control is like a larger car. Interior layout is brilliant. Simple 2000's style transportation.

Little Red
By oldguyaris on 05/21/08 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Yaris climbs our bluffs at a respectible 60 mph. Then again, I didn't expect a 1.5L to boil tires. My thoughts regarding room in the Yaris. I am 6'2" and 320 pounds. Nuff said on that. My Yaris is a blast to drive on our back roads. Other owners smile and wave at you when they go by. It has been a long time since I've owned a car that I liked as much as the Yaris. I will recommend to any one, try this little "sports" car. Mileage to date, 29.76 city and 42.36 highway. And it doesn't even have 400 miles on it yet.

Love My Yaris!
By Cakina on 05/20/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Until I got to the dealership, I had never heard of a Yaris. 2 hours and much test driving later, I would not have bought anything else! The interior space and comfort are incredible for this size of vehicle. I love the extra room with the fold down rear seat. Better gas mileage was my ultimate goal. After feeding a Trailblazer every 5 or 6 days I am looking forward to seeing the gas pumps 2 times per month! Excellent vehicle that I have an will continue to recommend!

Super amazing!
By aLeXaNdRa on 05/18/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I saw this car and I immediately fell in love with it just because of the looks. I got online and I saw how amazing the gas mileage is. I get around 38 MPG. It's a very comfortable car, so fun to drive. Great for the economy and handles like a dream. You can fit into any spot in a parking lot, and I have had it for about 4 months and it's still perfect. I have had no problems with it. It's very roomy, not how you would think because it's a small car. I just test drove it and then I knew that I was hooked.

2 weeks and great gas mileage
By Teresa on 05/15/08 02:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We filled it up for the first time in the two weeks we have had it and average getting 37 mpg, mostly city driving. Fun to drive, handles easily. I suggest DRL on all vehicles and a little better seat quality on Yaris, but what can I expect at this price point. My husband and I cannot decide who gets to drive it. We both love it. I think the radio sounds great. Cup holders are fine for summer because I drink iced tea. Lots of storage places. Needs one extra 12v outlet.

Love My Yaris
By Love My Yaris on 05/13/08 04:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have never owned a Toyota, all Chevrolets except my latest which is a Jeep. I bought the Yaris to park my Chevy truck because gas was killing me. Roomy car appears small until you sit in it. Very peppy and fun to drive with the manual transmission. I am thoroughly impressed.

Great car!
By Dave on 05/12/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I'm getting 36 mpg city and 42 hwy so far. I just moved and was amazed at how much I could stuff into the hatchback. After reading the 'expert' reviews on this car, I was a little worried, but I went in for a test drive anyway. Handling is great, and it accelerates faster than I expected (manual transmission). It's nimble around turns and quick stops are no problem. The stereo is much better than I expected. I thought I'd miss power windows and locks, but it's really been no big deal. I'm pretty picky about cars, but I have no complaints.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.