Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great Commuter Car
By Wes

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I moved to San Diego in April from Connecticut. Left my 2000 V6 F150 pickup to my son and picked up my Yaris the day I arrived in California. Ever since then I enjoy driving it. I am 6'2" and about 250# but fit in this vehicle just fine with plenty of head and legroom. I've tested the gas millage and on average city/hwy combined with some AC use it does between 35 and 37 mpg. It provides a comfortable ride, relatively quite interior and smooth going over bumps. 1,500 cc motor is just perfect size for this vehicle. European version is 1,300. The weak spots is lack of power to accelerate on the spot (AT, manual must be better), weak AC, and small trunk area. Amazingly roomy for a small car.

Gas mileage, ride comfort (short distance), quality workmanship, tight turning radius.

Rear seat access on driver side, better console design, perhaps turbo or supercharger version to give it more pep to accelerate, stronger AC.

Yay
By plmille2

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris to replace my 1999 Honda Civic and I can honestly say I could not be happier. The gas mileage is slightly better, but the overall comfort is amazing. The first day I drove it to work everyone commented on how small it was, then wanted to buy one for themselves when they sat in it. It is SO roomy inside, more roomy than my Civic, and drives very smooth. The body seems solid on the interstate and it hugs the roadway. I was surprised to find how high it sits. There have been many times when I am sitting at a red light and a crossover or SUV pulls up next to me and I am eye level with the driver, and I'm only 5'4". It makes me feel much safer.

Body style, perfect size for student and passenger, design, ride quality, height.

The plastic interior does seem to scuff easily, but it is wiped away very simply with some armor-all or a wet wipe. The back windshield (I think) rattles when I go certain speeds, but it may just be my storage container in the trunk.

I love my Yaris
By Peggy

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did research before getting this car. Got it yesterday and love it, love it, love it. It is like driving a sports car. I had a lot of errands to run and the gas gauge barely moved. It is zippy, picks up speed on the highway nicely. It is great fun!

Handling, gas mileage, appearance.

don't know of any yet

Great Little Car
By Andy

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am amazed about this car. I wanted good gas mileage and this car delivers! Great performance for the engine it has. It maneuvers really good. The Yaris gets in places that my Dodge Caravan could never go. I got the convenience package with a great audio system and 15 inch wheels. I am very satisfied with the Yaris!!

I am 6 foot and the Yaris has lots of legroom for me. It handles great. Comfortable. Lots of spaces to place things.

None whatsoever.

Great little car
By kernal

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Camry XLE V6 which I use for long trips. I wanted a small economical new car with good mileage to drive around locally. I compared the Chev Aveo, the Smart car and a small Kia. I felt the Toyota Yaris would meet my needs and I have not been disappointed. The mpg is very good above advertised. The car is comfortable, fun and easy to drive. For a small 2 door hatchback it has a surprising amount interior room. With the rear 60-40 rear seat down it has a great cargo space in the back. I added a few options for comfort and appearance. As with any small car it sways on the highway in high crosswinds. Overall I am very pleased with this car. It does cost a little more than similar.

My Yaris has auto trans and the power package with electric windows, good radio and rear wiper with heated glass. I like the standard features that come with the base model. High mileage was my reason for buying this car. All Yaris' have a great 1.5 L engine with 4 valves per cyl and VVT.

I was disappointed that the Yaris is in short supply and it is hard to find what you want on this car. The Toyota web site says that the car comes with quite a few options. You cannot order a car from the factory with your desired features. You must take what comes off the truck carrier. Bummer.