Used 2000 Toyota Tundra Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Cracked manifolds
By blaine

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and started having problems after the first year. Wiring harness under spare tire burned off,the frond drive housing was not properly tightened and stripped the threads causing the 4wd to be replaced. the dealership said it was fixed and it happened again,so i took it to a back yard mechanic and he fixed it again replacing the frond drive AGAIN. Then cracked manifolds. check your rear bumper it is also probably rusted off. MY LAST TOYOTA.

Favorite Features

rides great.

Suggested Improvements

better warranty.

2000 Tundra
By Jay

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

Constant problem with front brake rotors warping. No help from Toyota, turned rotors 1 time during warranty. After 36,000 miles, cost were my own. Occured about every 15-20k miles. Poor support from Toyota. Internet posting confirm that I was not the only one with the problem. Other than that no major problems.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, size, style, quality other than brakes.

Suggested Improvements

IMPROVE BRAKING SYSTEM & FUEL EFFICIENCY

Met expectations
By Mr. S

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

I was very concerned with the reported steering vibrations when I was buying my truck. I just got 'something' installed that Toyota developed to eliminate the problem. I have no complains so far, my dealer was able to fix all issues for me, e.g. arm rest storage space lid flying open when upright, initial tire wear (got new Michelins) etc.

Favorite Features

This truck runs very nicely and handles well. It looks good, too. Good workmanship on body work, no squeaks or gaps in plastic.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt doesn't retract well. Middle console opened when upright. Back seat should be more ergonomical.

Tansmission Problems!
By rflinster

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had numerous minor problems until summer of 2000 whereby the O2 sensor went & required the entire manifold to be replaced. Then the transmission started making a "klunking" noise around 60,000 miles. Dealer unable to diagnose the problem. Last week it broke down -- whole transmission needs to be replaced -- even worse, I don't even tow anything or haul heavy items in the bed. This is all normal driving usage.