2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
What happened to Toyota?
By Mom of Two on 03/02/10 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previous happy Toyota owner. I have had nothing but problems - electrical problems with this SUV since I got it. Toyota seems to not care. I tried arbitration with no luck. My car at 2 yrs old spent ONE month at the dealer maintenance only to have more electrical problems. I cannot let it idle without it wanting to stall - such a bummer when stuck in traffic!! At the time of arbitration Toyota claimed that the car is working at that instant so there is no issue, they will continue to fix problems that arise. That is not product reliability to me. I think I got stuck with the lemon.

The Swiss Army Knive of SUV's
By Dan in Texas on 08/07/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Sequoia I have owned, and I could not be more pleased. My first one had 135,000 miles on it, looked and drove like new when traded. I now have 75,000 miles on the 2006, and have NEVER had a service call for any reason. I am meticulous about care and maintenance, but zero issues in 200,000 miles says it all. This one has the captains chairs in the back and DVD, which are the ultimate peacemaker on long trips. Elegant enough for two couples out on the town, yet yank the seats and its a Home Depot special. Have I mentioned I love this thing?

Horrible Toyota Experience
By Former Toyota Fan on 09/10/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The day after paying $48K to the dealer my car would not start. Turns out I needed a new battery. Back to the service depart., waited an hour, got a new battery, & on my way. Over the course of the next 23 months had various problems with the low tire pressure sensor coming on. Also had three other warning lights for the battery lighting up randomly. Eventually, 2-08, got in my car to leave for the morning and it wouldn't start. The battery had been leaking acid and corroded my battery cables. AAA cleaned up the mess and got me started again. In 5-08 car doesn't start again. Battery acid corroded my fuse block. One month later finally get my car back from dealer. Sept. 08 car doesn't start!

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited
By Alyssa on 02/29/08 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LUV MY TRUCK!!! I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Very fun to drive and multi-functional vehicle.

2006 Sequioa
By pam on 09/28/06 05:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this is our second Sequoia..we love it. It is smaller built than our 2002 model, but the gas mileage is a little better. We are averaging 16-17mpg. It is fun to drive and we are Toyota fans. We have a Tacoma also, and drove a 4 Runner for 16 years, and all 4 of our children drove it as they each turned 16.

We love our Sequoia
By BCL on 08/08/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second sequoia we have purchased. We love the comfort and the look of it. The look of the Lucchese Edition was the reason we traded in our old one. The interior looks so sharp. The only draw back is the gas mileage or lack of, but that is with most SUVs. I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in an SUV.

Tough to beat in this class
By sammyray on 03/13/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent quality... no squeaks, rattles, everything solid. Takes a while to get used to the size (if used to a smaller car)... braking in particular takes longer due to the high weight. Time-proven Toyota engine. Lots of room, visibility excellent but need to check corners by sight and not rely on mirrors. Had an Explorer and, while reasonably reliable, got tired of incessant rattles and relatively poor build quality. Good sound quality, controls user-friendly. Very happy with the vehicle, would recommend based on experience so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.