Great Little SUV- Except Mileage
By diepie on
2012 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Okay, so it's quite early to give a full review on our new car, since we bought it new just a couple of weeks ago. I had done extensive online comparisons between the 3 of the contenders in this vehicle category: the Rav4, Honda CRV, and the Nissan Rogue. We test drove all 3, as well as a Jeep Patriot, and considered but didn't drive a Hyundai Tucson. Toyota won out on a number of counts, not the least of which was the fact that we have been Yota owners for a long time, and have had great success. Toyota was also offering some screaming incentives which tipped the scales. So far of course, so good, but the gas mileage to date has been a bit disappointing.
Favorite Features
The interior of the car is well appointed as expected with a Toyota even on this base model, well laid out display, and plenty of standard features that might be options in another brand. It's very comfortable (I don't get the lower marks for the seat comfort I've read in other reviews!) and I'm sure it will carry us on long road trips with few complaint in that respect.
Suggested Improvements
There is one thing about which I am actually disappointed thus far: we are struggling to achieve 23.8 miles to the gallon, in 75/25 hwy/city driving. I have heard that this somehow improves after a sufficient "break in" time, but since this is the only new auto we've ever bought, I don't know much about that (hoping it's true but doubtful!) As another reviewer expressed, this is disappointing, because it is one of the reasons I chose this vehicle over for instance, a Subaru. The only other "nit-picking" I'd do about this car is that the RPM and Speedometer display lighting is quite dim during daylight (it's fine after dark when you need it)