2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
The best car
By Snehanshu on 01/23/07 11:41 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We absolutely love our new Prius.

Love my Prius
By WestGrover on 01/23/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my Prius for 2 months and it is by far the best car (out of 8 that I have owned) I have owned. I'm averaging 47.5 mpg - 75% highway, 25% city - I was expecting low 40s so I am thrilled. I have been impressed with the pickup and interior room.

2007 Toyota Prius
By Malaan on 01/21/07 19:53 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the 2007 Toyota Prius with package 6, for a week now. It is put quite simply a great experience. Fuel economy is good (avg 41 mpg) even though it is below freezing. The smart key system is an excellent idea, and the Navigation system is a real nice addition. Voice recognition is good with the Nav system. Stability control is also an excellent add-on... it really works. What a great car!!

Papa Loves His Prius!
By Papa on 01/19/07 02:48 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well, I have had this new 2007 Toyota Prius for exactly one month now and I have driven it 1400 miles. Some would say that isn't long enough to know much about a vehicle. I disagree. This is a very comfortable and quiet car; hence those miles were easy to drive. I am less fatigued than I would be if I drove the same 1400 miles in a Subaru or a Saturn. (I have owned many Subarus and one Saturn.) This car is so much fun to drive! It's the future, but now. I feel like I'm driving a car for the second millenium! I love that this car is so well thought out and safe. Toyota hasn't compromised much of anything as far as I can tell - plenty of power on the highway & great fuel economy wherever.

Nothing bothersome or disturbing
By Fastlane on 01/11/07 00:39 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had mostly higher end wheels. Always new such as Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, Volvo as well as wild exotics and quite a few SUVs and pickup trucks. This is my first experience with Toyota and I'm loving it. I feel like it took a while but now I get it. Had to have the 50+ MPG - a political thing to be sure but I am sick of sending my hard earned bucks out of the USA and to big oil companies. I also believe that global warming is real and this car is really low emissions. This is a really well built fun to drive car -and a gadget freaks dream car. It's roomy, very quiet and really has nothing bothersome or disturbing at all. It's unique - in a class by itself.

2007 Toyota Prius
By Glenn on 01/06/07 22:30 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love driving this car. It gets great mileage between 41 and 49 mpg. It's cargo room is enourmous. It can carry four adults comfortably over a long distance. Its ride is nice and people definitely notice it. No one is not impressed with it once introduced to it. It's hard to imagine going back to conventional driving.

Fuel-efficient, comfortable and fun!!
By RichardT on 01/03/07 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With Honda's decision to scrap the Insight, this is now the most fuel-efficient car, bar none, in the U.S. It's also well designed, comfortable (I'm 6'1") and, although it might take a bit of time to get used to the very different display and transmission, a blast to drive. Four adults can sit in the car with plenty of leg room, although the roof can be a bit low in the back for taller passengers, and it handles freeway speeds as well as any car I've ever driven. Note: If you have a lead-foot, are an aggressive driver, or expect sports-car performance, the Prius is not for you. If you enjoy 45-50 mpg overall, and can change some driving habits, I can think of no better vehicle - period.

The Prius exceeded my expectations.
By Crewctlvr on 01/02/07 06:03 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Average gas mileage for 5700 miles is over 51 MPG. I keep a running total of use in my business. When you learn how to feel this car and use the onboard display you can increase your mileage and reduce green house emissions. This vehicle performs well and handles better than anticipated. My other vehicle is a Nissan 350Z so I understand performance. I would encourage everyone to consider this automobile because it is a socially responsible alternative to increased dependence on imported oil that comes from unstable sources.

My Prius
By Richard Campbell on 12/31/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2004 for a 2007 because I wanted side air bags. Probably the best car I have ever owned.

Great Touring
By 2Hybrids on 12/29/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Touring Edition is still in the early ownership phase. Its current gas mileage is in the upper 30s with mostly city driving. I attribute this to a couple of factors: it's new, it's winter and cold, and winter blended gasahol dents the mileage. I love the handling. The interior room is OK but foot/leg position for the driver isn't quite right for me. Fit and finish are great which is typical for Toyota. Like other hybrids, there are some driving techniques which really boost the gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.