Used 2007 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Better than Expected
By PBeckman

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car with many good surprises. Only problems are with the manual, which is often useless; the front seat, which needs greater adjustability; and the steering wheel control lights, which are barely visible. We average in the mid 40s even in the Minnesota winter. The handling is excellent; very quiet cabin; almost parks itself; lots of room in the back and good cargo space. For those who complain about the back-up beep, it can be turned off via the screen input. Also, the green glow on the screen is easily eliminated by simply using the dimmer switch, which still allows plenty of illumination. All in all, a great car that leaves little to be desired.

Favorite Features

Fuel consumption and emissions; quiet interior; handling and turning radius; bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Better driver's seat; moon roof; larger wheels standard.

2007 Prius
By Clete

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned and driven the Prius for 8 months and have had no problems. Just take it to the dealer for regular oil change and check-ups. It has needed no repairs, just regular maintenance. At 7500 miles the dealer told me that I had 98% of the disk pad left. That's amazing only 2% used in these 8 months. I do equal city and hwy driving. I have the regular 4 door with all the options except leather seats.

Favorite Features

It's steering is so quick & precise. Braking is also very responsive. The gas mileage is great ~43 winter & 50 summer all around hwy/city driving. Like the glove boxes and storage areas in the driving section. My favorite is not needing the key to open and start the car. It is a fun car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the JBL 6 CD to have better sound. My old Chyrsler T&C sounded better. Like the rear camera, but the bar across the rear window interferes with rear vision backing. A power drivers seat with more positions would be better for long trips & an easier to set up phone system.

Bad seat but STILL love my Prius!
By Tom

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The poorly designed seat notwithstanding, I have over 35,000 miles on my Prius in the first year. It has been a delight to drive and a pleasure to fill up compared to my diesel pick up! Great acceleration, computerized everything and excellent handling make this car more fun to drive than you might think. Handles curvy roads with ease and has more than enough acceleration to pass in any conditions.

Favorite Features

Great screen displays, immediate driving feedback by using the fuel computers to maximize your fuel economy. Rear view camera and FAST heat are bonuses.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat is simply horrible to sit in for more than 30 minutes. No lumbar support, poor thigh support and an overall poor quality seat are major disappointments for me. Entry on the fly for addresses on GPS navigation.

Better than expected
By Matttt

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent car, quiet, easy to drive, 1 touch to start (w/ smart key option), lot of usable storage room, nice touch screen, great mpg even on highway, more than enough power to get on the freeway. Body roll is slightly excessive.

Favorite Features

Smart Key- never need to take the key out of your pocket.

Suggested Improvements

Rear looks too high and narrow and some angles resemble a mini van.

Want my other vehicle back.....
By Jan

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It drives okay, handles pretty well. I think it's pretty zippy, when I go to pass I just shift into B. It is very difficult to judge the front because you can't see it & backing up with the camera is deceiving-objects are definitely closer than they appear

Favorite Features

Backup camera, stereo, nice looking exterior, plenty of storage spots, I can haul a lot, gas mileage is great as long as the temps are above 30 degrees or more

Suggested Improvements

Extremely poor gas mileage when the temps drop below 25 degrees, rear window visibility, nicer interior materials, fix glare on windshield right in my line of sight, sunroof, need adjustable lower lumbar supports, tire pressure,fuel gauge accuracy, brighter steering wheel lights, dump the beeping