2007 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
By PRin NM on 04/09/07 21:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove this 07 for 4000 miles in Florida, then cross country to NM in late March. Averaged 51-52 mpg at sea level in mixed driving. Now 52-53 mpg at 7000 ft. altitude. I just learned something very interesting today. Toyota service rep. informed me that the car runs everything on electric. The gas engine is there only to recharge the battery! To maximize fuel economy, minimize gas engine operation. Accelerate rather quickly to operational speed and then drive with a light foot. Coast whenever possible. I love this car! My only negative is the inability to raise the driver's seat. My wife is 5'5" and cannot see nearly as well using the rear view mirror as I can.

Great car
By george on 04/06/07 23:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle is excellent!! The car of the future ahead of its time! I traded in my suv pickup that was getting 18 miles per gallon. I'm getting 45+ now! Anyone that commutes a distance to work, this is for you. The savings in gas almost pays for the vehicle. The fact that it is smart looking and larger inside then it appears provides an enjoyable experience.

Love it, love it, love it
By omerward on 04/05/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gas mileage is in the mid to high 40s. Easy and fun to drive. Good acceleration. Interior styling is awesome. I just love the way it looks and drives. Makes me feel good.

Best Purchase Decision
By Betty on 04/04/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius has turned out more than I expected. It is light and swift, and its smooth transitions between electric and fuel motors makes it really fun to drive, and the energy monitor makes it interesting to see how the car works. The mileage it gets is wonderful, with my initial tank at about 48 mpg to my 3rd tank at about 57 mpg, and that's highway/surface street combo driving. With the current gas prices, this car is worth every penny. People complained about the seat, but I haven't noticed it. Perhaps on longer trips? So if you are considering a hybrid at all, you won't be disappointed.

Very Happy
By bobfitz on 04/01/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We filled up for the first time today. Change back from a $20. As the price of gas goes up I am sure we made the right choice. I love sitting at a traffic light and the gas engine is off.

My Second Prius
By Kas on 04/01/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second Prius. My 04 had 97000 miles with the brakes never being replaced! Absolutely no trouble with that vehicle. Thus, the second purchase. Gas mileage - I average 51 mpg all around. My last trip to central Pa. I got 53 mpg on interstate driving - 70-75 mpg - put it on cruise. My first Prius was the same mileage. If people are getting low 40 mpg they need a sports car not a hybrid. The way you drive them will dictate your mileage!! On screen navigation will help you here. This one is better in the snow. I live in NW Pa. and we get a bunch. I love the smart key and the new back-up camera and reliability is superb! Resale value is excellent. I love filling up for less than 25 dollars.

Happy car purchase
By Arb on 03/27/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I trade cars every 2 years and this was the first car I bought that I felt good about. The Prius is a techno machine that will have a gadget head reeling with all the simple yet sophisticated features. It reminds me of when I purchased my first iPod. It makes you wonder why other devices in the genre can't deliver upon your expectations. I enjoy not using a key in the traditonal sense via the SmartKey feature. The dynamic way the car displays its usage of energy has an effect on your driving style. You become smoother on the accelerator, which leads to greater fuel economy. Sure, I haven't hit 60 mpg avg. on a tank of gas, but 48 mpg is great. That's a 100% improvement over my old vehicle.

Excellent!
By McDougald on 03/26/07 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm 6'3" tall and the Prius is big enough for me. It is comfortable and fun to drive. So far I'm averaging 48 miles per gallon, doing mostly city driving.

New Prius a Great Buy
By DWood on 03/24/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got a 2007 Prius. Back seats hard & bench like. Wouldn't recommend long drive for passengers in back of this car. Back seats fold down for extra storage, it's just right for my sweetie and me to take trips with all our gear, and fewer stops to refuel! Handles very well, fairly quiet, shift between the electric motor and gas engine not noticable at all, good pick up for passsing. Nice storage in 2 gloveboxes & center console. Holds 2 cups, large or small. Dash equip easy to read and operate, cruise control a bit awkward, under the right side of steering wheel. Overall, extremely happy with this car.

Not a good value by any means
By Japanese? eh... on 03/21/07 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car for a commuter expecting stellar fuel economy, and that is not what I saw. Although 32 is good on the highway but not what I expected for $20k+. Many cars would have suited me better. Don't get hyped over gas mileage because it won't make you the money back. My pontiac grand prix got 31 mpg for 40% of the cost. My only other issue is my a/c unit is not very reliable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.