Why I gave up my Lexus for this
By JohnDK on
2005 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I turned in my Lexus early. Lease was costing too much per mile and the price of gas at 18mpg is now $30 per tank. I was hoping only for great gas milage and got that and more. Driving the Prius is like driving the future. It's 98% smooth, not luxurious. I would have liked all auto windows, power seats, leather, memory on seat position, etc. And they COULD do this and add another few thousand to this car. But just the way it is, is amazing. That's why there is a 4-6 month wait for these and people are paying $500-$2000 over MSRP. How stupid are we in America.. WE should be building these. Drives fair to good, Don't expect a BMW or Lexus.
Favorite Features
Keyless entry and locks. Power button startup. Silent running on battery only 10-20% of the time. Looks cool. Did I mention 50 mpg.... it's for real. 60 may be pushing it. But 50 is for real!
Suggested Improvements
All the 2005 cars and even 2006's that I have seen in a hybrid are not real hybrids like this - with milage like this. EVERY SINGLE car in this country should have this drive train. AND HUMMERS should be outlawed. Needs more luxury features, even at a higher price.