2010 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Dangerous Accelerator

2010 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.7L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Dangerous Accelerator
By Econpasha on

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in our 18-month old Tacoma truck for the Highlander. Same pushy salesman/dealer for both. In less than 2,000 miles, the accelerator "lost power" three times. Second time, I went to talk to the sales people; they told us to bring it in to the service dept. the next time it happened. Two weeks later, it happened again. Luckily the third event happened near the dealer. They kept it overnight and replaced the accelerator pedal! Almost got hit on a main road because the car would not move no matter how much I pressed on the accelerator. I could not get of the way of oncoming traffic. Scary! Lost all confidence in Toyota, even though I still own a 2008 Lexus LS460.

Nice look. Better looking than our old Acura MDX. But nowhere near the quality.

A $2 compass! Eliminate the 4-cyc. version. Too weak to push this big vehicle. Better gas mileage. Key hole on passenger door. Better side view mirrors. Current ones are poor quality. Close door hard, you can see it vibrate! Tin can.