2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
May be best Camry yet!!
By piratemorgan on 08/29/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I say "may" because Toyota has just a little work left to do with this generation. Comparing to a previously owned 2010 Camry SE 4-cylinder--- Exterior: The new bodywork is stylish (didn't reinvent the wheel here), love the new front fascia (SE only, not fond of LE or XLE front fascia) Interior: vastly improved Performance: better downshifts, car allowed to coast now, still has mpg saving abrupt upshifts dealt with by mashing down gas pedal a little more. Nothing like having a tranny bog down a fine tuned 4-cyl.

Not Bad
By zahava on 08/26/12 09:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

like the other posts I have owned Luxury cars and still have one.This is my 1st Camary. I was looking for reliability and fuel ecomomy. Not bad. Had the car 8 months and have 10k miles on it. I am getting the 40 mpg. I do a little more hwy driving. I am averaging 33.8 mpg. Like others I test drove the Kia, Sonata and Honda. Sonata loads you up and Kia is way loaded then bloated (price). The Camary just drove better. Handling is good. Engine peppy. I have owned and still own a sports car so I know the difference. I still have a VW diesel so I am getting 50mpg and 800 miles to a tank but still like this Camary gasser.

Loving it so far
By lslblues on 08/05/12 16:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had the car about a month. Got a great lease deal due to Southeast Toyota's high residual value and low money factor. Was considerably cheaper than LE model. Really enjoy driving it. Had a 2003 Camry LE for a long time and this car is definitely sportier than that. It's definitely not a sports car, but is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. Average close to 40 on the highway.

Great car
By captivemind on 07/31/12 22:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After owning a number of different cars (Volkswagen, Audi, Infiniti), test driving all the 2012 usual suspects, I was looking for a simple, reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. Reliability was key after my experience with German cars. The Camry is not a luxury car nor does it offer sporty handling or neck snapping acceleration but it combines solid value, reliability, comfort, superior gas mileage and common sense everyday drivability and usability. Gas mileage from 4cyl is approx. 30 mpg combination of city/highway. My last Infinity G37 got about 15 mpg in similar driving. First time Toyota buyer and after 4k miles my verdict is you simply cannot go wrong with the 2012 Camry

Good value for the price
By tlchouston on 07/28/12 06:54 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Enough power to merge with traffic at freeway entrances. Engine sound minimal at most conditions and still tolerable at full throttle. However, road noises unacceptable to me on freeways 290 and 59 in Houston. Perhaps the almost 200lbs and $2000 MSRP drops came from the reduction of sound isolation/insulation materials and labor. Manual adjustable passenger front side uncomfortable, unlike the 8-way power adjustable driver one. Rear speakers are really flimsy with tiny magnets (from the $1000 navigation upgrade package).

Problem with visibility at night on dim
By enchilada27 on 07/26/12 10:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my 2012 Camry and am loving it except for one thing. I think this is a design, plus safety issue. When I drive at night on dim, the design of the headlight cover is cutting off part of the extension of light. A definite black line come across the top of the beam thereby cutting off half of the extension of light. I cannot see very into the distance. It is like a black hood has come down on the light. In order to see where the road turns, I have to switch the brights which causes a safety issue. I have to choose whether to see where I'm going or whether to blind oncoming drivers. The light cover needs to be replaced with one allowing the whole beam of light to refract out.

2012 Camry LE
By nicolasg on 07/22/12 11:42 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a new Camry 2011 XLE 4 cyl in April 2011. Its a nice vehicle, not the best vehicle, but seems solidly built. On 2 separate occasions i've had (2) different new Camry 2012 LE's that I had by the dealer to drive. The whole interior feels extremely cheap much more so than the 2011, the center of the dash is just cheap plastic, also the steering wheel has a lot of cheap plastic as well. Its very difficult to see the gauges as the information seems to be in hard to see small letters. Braking is good, and the mpg was only 27 ok pick up as well. But what was Edmunds thinking when they said the interior was a higher quality than previous models. Very cheap and inferior feeling to it.

Better Camry since '90s!
By catastrophz on 07/19/12 20:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my '12 SE with standard equips about 6 weeks ago and already put 2800 miles on it. I'm getting 33 avg mpg with easy-on-the-pedal. I kind of regret not test-driving the competitors, Honda Accord and VW GLI/Passat in particular. I like Camry's interior best, in terms of design, not so much quality (not terrible, just not as quality as Accord/maybe VWs). Reason I never bothered with Hondas was because my relatives have Acura MDX's ('03 and '07s) and Honda Odessey ('02), all have bad transmissions. 3 of 5 MDX's had some sort of transmission grinding-like noises and slipping gear-like, car start to jerk going 30+ mph. Engine mounts went bad and makes the engine shaky/metal clanking/etc..

Nice car, BUT.....
By bschram on 07/15/12 09:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pleasantly surprised by what this 4 cylinder can do. Quiet, smooth great mileage but you have to drive sensibly to get the grat mileage. I have got close to 38 MPG at cruising speed on the freeway and got about 35 overall on one recent short trip. The secret of getting good mileage is to keep your foot out of the engine. I have had this car about a month now and so far so good. Only down side is the front fascia on this car. It is weak and by that I mean it is fragile. I had to bring it back the day after I bought it because the cheap under panels under the front fell off and scrunched under the car. Front bumper has a crease in it from some kind of bump and looks like hell.

GREAT CAR!
By labman4 on 07/08/12 07:25 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have just over 3k miles on my camry. Overall this is a great car. I traded in my 2010 highlander limited on this vehicle.Although i went down in price point, this car is just as nice.Has a few more features than my Highlander ie. lane departure warning system and pandora.Mpg is about 30 if i keep my foot out of it. The power is what most surprised me out of a V6. The previous reviewer did not like the seats, but I like them better than the highlander which had almost "0" bolster support. You won't go wrong with this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*