2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: XLE Hybrid

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

XLE Hybrid
By talyun on

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Let's face it buyinh a hybrid is all about gas mileage. I have had my 2012 XLE for approx. 1.5 months and I have driven nearly 1000 miles. The car came with a full tank and when I filled up, the odometer read 672. That's 49 MPG with combined city/hwy driving (primarily city). That's also 20% better than advertised! The 2nd tank is not getting quite as good, so far 47.6 MPG. Still quite respectable. The vehicle is designed to get great gas mileage. If you drive it conservatively (slow takeoff, slow stops) you'll probably get similiar results to mine. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the car. Its incredibly quiet, has plenty of power when needed and has all the luxury I need.

The MPG!! At $3.75/gal, the extra $1,700 I paid over the gas-only model will be paid back in 4 yrs or so. I bet, over time, we'll all be paying a LOT more than $3.75.

The 2 things that I'd change are the zero feedback you get from the steering wheel and I'd like a little larger trunk (golf clubs and luggage, you know)