2011 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2011 Avalon

2011 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

2011 Avalon
By Bill on

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a 1999 Avalon for the last 8 years, so I'm already a fan of the brand. Ordered the Avalon from the dealer, requesting Cypress Pearl/Ivory with upgraded stereo and 5 pc mat set only. It ended up taking a little over 2 months from order date, 45 days if you're counting from build date. The car was definitely worth waiting for. The thing that strikes me most is the quietness in the cabin, whether on a city street, county road, or highway. The quality of workmanship is excellent. The exterior is pleasing yet not exactly attention grabbing true, but I don't really need attention, didn't buy the car for that. The interior is more important to me, and I'm very happy with that.

Favorite Features

If you appreciate music at all, treat yourself to the stereo upgrade. You'll thank me for as long as you own the car. The back up camera is something I didn't really see the need for, but now that I have it, I wouldn't want to be without it. The dash, especially at night, is a beautiful sight.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they'd notice the reviews of the OEM Bridgestone Turenzas, and put the OEM Michelins on all Avalons . (Obviously, mine came with the Bridgestone.) There's no reason to put tires rated that poorly on a car like this. Outside of that, there's really nothing I'd want to change about this car.