2005 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Confirming what everyone is sa

2005 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Confirming what everyone is saying!
By brian on

2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I've waited about 5,000 miles to write this. I love the truck! The looks of the Sport Ed. is awesome. Love the 6-spoke rims! Smooth, solid, quiet ride. This thing handles excellent for an SUV and the steering feel is so tight! Brakes are good, V6 is pretty quick. Gas mileage has been about 19-20 MPG, but my last trip with 4 snowboards on the rack got me ~16 mpg. Only driven in a few inches of snow, but it handled good. Can't wait to get rid of the Dunlops tho. Best vehicle buying decision EVER!

Auto A/C, cargo mirrors, headlights, rear window, rims, 4WD. My passengers say: "This thing is smooth!" and I've had about 5 people in 1.5 months say "the rear windows go all the way down!" They love it as much as I do.

Front seats are kinda uncomfortable for long rides. I need it to be a little taller (I'm only 5'10") so that my thighs rest on the edge. Running boards get in the way, but I like the way they look.