Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4runner - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Finally a vehicle that fits me.
By Towny

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove all the mid sized SUVs on the market. The 4runner was by far the best fit for me. I am 6-2 and 235lbs. This is the first midsized SUV that my shoulder wasn't pinned to the door. I drove the Pathfinder, Explorer, Discovery, and the Envoy several times. This vehicle is by far the roomiest in the front seat. Could be a bit better on gas and could use a tad more room in the cargo area. But I knew that when I bought it. The heated seats are a must. The navigation system is cool and impresses your friends with the back up camera. The engine is quick and the whole truck feels very solid. The ride is quiet even at highway speeds. It cut through deep Minnesota snow easily.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, back-up camera, powerfull engine, 4x4 ability, smooth ride, and reliabitlity.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. More room in the cargo area. Better cup holders. Higher quality floor mats. More head room. It would be nice to pick and choose options more freely when buying the vehicle but Toyota picks them well enough.

first 4 wheel drive
By mag red

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good solid body. big change from from 2000 Tahoe. Lack of power adjustable passenger seat serious mistake--would not buy another toyota without one. Inconceivable at 40000$ that this item was missing. Some wind noise - removed crossbars on roof rack - only slight reduction in wind noise.

Favorite Features

Quality build. power back window

Suggested Improvements

wider front seats. absoutely more adjustments on seats. poor location of fuel door release

first 4 wheel drive
By mag red

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good solid body. Big change from from2000 Tahoe. Lack of power adjustable passenger seat serious mistake--would not buy another toyota without one. Iinconceivable at 40000$ that this item was missing. Some wind noise- removed crossbars on roof rack-had to get factory to pay. Dealer would not. Poor sales experience at dealership. Removing crossbar only slight reduction in wind noise.

Favorite Features

Quality build. power back window

Had I Only Known
By flanagan

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Spent last year looking at vehicles from a-z. Hands down this is the best vehicle purchase of my life. Rarely are expectations met and even rarer are they exceeded. Almost bit on a Land Rover LR3, about $15k more than my Limited 4Runner - thank god i didn't. I love this vehicles looks, ride, tightness and overall quality feel after 2500 miles. First time Toyota owner and I am impressed. I really trust the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Body styling is excellent. Incredible drive and feel in the vehicle. SOLID all the way.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage horrendous, nowhere near est. city or hwy mileage, heavy foot though and a V8, oh well - worth it. Maybe seats could be a little more plush/comfortable.

Best SUV I have ever owned
By paul171

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd SUV, previously owned a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2002 Dodge Durango. The 4Runner is far superior in ride comfort, reliability, resale value, and fuel economy. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, even more quiet than a '97 Acura 2.2CL I had a number of years ago. V6 has plenty of power and I am averaging around 19-20 MPG in town. I really like this SUV and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a reliable and sporty alternative to the larger SUV's. Don't buy anything before you drive this Toyota.

Favorite Features

6 disc in dash changer with JBL sound system, leather seats, sunroof, Toyota reliability, resale value, quiet cabin, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

a bit more head and leg room in the front