Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Worth the wait
By Charmie

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had to wait SEVERAL months for the Sport with SIDE IMPACT Air bags. Rolled off the lot with 5 miles on it! It is in a class by itself. Clean lines, crisp interior. TONS of places to out things. And the burgandy color! The responses while driving are fantastic. STOPS on a dime for deer crossing!

HANDLING! I do not feel like it's top- heavy as I did in the X-Terra. Had I known then what I know now, would have gone with the Toyota when we bought the first SUV! Did lots of research, and like the safety features and re- sale values.

Offer an option on the sport for a type of racking system, IE bike, or kayak or whatever.

Priced right!
By Ed

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been waiting to purchase a 4runner for quite some time. I enjoy not only driving it but also giving it a good wash and wax job.

Has a powerful 6 cylinder that does a good job in the city and on the highway with a 5 speed automatic transmission. Comfortable seats that can be adjusted. Rear window rolls down with remote. 23 gallon fuel tank.

Better tires, these are just adequate. Extend the warranty to 5 years 50,000 miles. I like everything else.

Limited review
By rapidray

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Bought the Limited version. Best SUV I have ever owned and have owned Ford Explorer, Chevy Blazer, Dode Durango. Great JBL 10 speaker 3-1 sound system. Very smooth ride and very quiet ride compared to previous vehicles owned.

3-1 JBL sound system Leather seats are comfortable

Dash controls for speedometer and tach could be more visible- Kind of hard to see since they are recessed.

Love my Toyota!
By Pappas

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We leased this Toyota without doing much research and we are glad we went with a Toyota! It's an impressive vehicle on the outside and decent on the inside. We love the temp. controls and rear air. The ride is amazing!!!! It doesn't feel like we are driving a truck by any means. I have driven many different cars and SUV's and this one drives the best by far! My husband and I argue over who will take the 4 runner. The air is freezing and it has auto temp. control which we love. The seats are comfortable and the interior is roomy for an SUV in its class.

We love the exterior which includes the scoop on the hood and the flip in the back. Have gotten many heads to turn and compliments on it. The drive is terrific and air is ice cold. The cup/bottle holders are great and convenient.

It needs another power outlet in the front. More storage compartments. A compass would be nice especially on a sport model. I would love to see a larger sunroof. Power seats would be nice for the drivers side. Other than that, so far so good.

Finally a vehicle that fits me.
By Towny

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove all the mid sized SUVs on the market. The 4runner was by far the best fit for me. I am 6-2 and 235lbs. This is the first midsized SUV that my shoulder wasn't pinned to the door. I drove the Pathfinder, Explorer, Discovery, and the Envoy several times. This vehicle is by far the roomiest in the front seat. Could be a bit better on gas and could use a tad more room in the cargo area. But I knew that when I bought it. The heated seats are a must. The navigation system is cool and impresses your friends with the back up camera. The engine is quick and the whole truck feels very solid. The ride is quiet even at highway speeds. It cut through deep Minnesota snow easily.

Navigation system, back-up camera, powerfull engine, 4x4 ability, smooth ride, and reliabitlity.

Better gas mileage. More room in the cargo area. Better cup holders. Higher quality floor mats. More head room. It would be nice to pick and choose options more freely when buying the vehicle but Toyota picks them well enough.