Used 2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Awesome car
By pokeweed

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I updated from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Having driven older 4Runners, my expectations were low - I actually went to the dealer to look at the Highlander. I ended up with a loaded V8 4Runner and have never been happier. Great power, ride, handling, fit, and finish. Best cup holders in its class! Lots of cool touches. Feels like a Lexus. Drive is incredible - my wife is afraid of SUV's, and even she loves it! Unlike car-based SUV's, this car feels rugged and has an element of go-anywhere toughness and fun the others lack. Our first drive was from Denver to Vail - plenty of power for the passes. Handled great off-road to the hiking trails too. We LOVE it!

Great ride, power, handling, fit and finish. Stereo sounds awesome - upgraded JBL 6-CD changer. Homelink, Sunroof, 110v AC outlet, rear seat cup holders and armrest, X-REAS shock makes the car ride GREAT. Rolling down rear window is cool.

Limited should have memory seat. Up/Down controls and Lumbar Support for Passenger Seat. MP-3 capability and Bluetooth. Slightly softer driver seat. Automatic windshield wipers on limited. Should be able to close back window from Key Chain.

Worth the wait
By Charmie

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had to wait SEVERAL months for the Sport with SIDE IMPACT Air bags. Rolled off the lot with 5 miles on it! It is in a class by itself. Clean lines, crisp interior. TONS of places to out things. And the burgandy color! The responses while driving are fantastic. STOPS on a dime for deer crossing!

HANDLING! I do not feel like it's top- heavy as I did in the X-Terra. Had I known then what I know now, would have gone with the Toyota when we bought the first SUV! Did lots of research, and like the safety features and re- sale values.

Offer an option on the sport for a type of racking system, IE bike, or kayak or whatever.

Priced right!
By Ed

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been waiting to purchase a 4runner for quite some time. I enjoy not only driving it but also giving it a good wash and wax job.

Has a powerful 6 cylinder that does a good job in the city and on the highway with a 5 speed automatic transmission. Comfortable seats that can be adjusted. Rear window rolls down with remote. 23 gallon fuel tank.

Better tires, these are just adequate. Extend the warranty to 5 years 50,000 miles. I like everything else.

Limited review
By rapidray

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Bought the Limited version. Best SUV I have ever owned and have owned Ford Explorer, Chevy Blazer, Dode Durango. Great JBL 10 speaker 3-1 sound system. Very smooth ride and very quiet ride compared to previous vehicles owned.

3-1 JBL sound system Leather seats are comfortable

Dash controls for speedometer and tach could be more visible- Kind of hard to see since they are recessed.

Love my Toyota!
By Pappas

2005 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We leased this Toyota without doing much research and we are glad we went with a Toyota! It's an impressive vehicle on the outside and decent on the inside. We love the temp. controls and rear air. The ride is amazing!!!! It doesn't feel like we are driving a truck by any means. I have driven many different cars and SUV's and this one drives the best by far! My husband and I argue over who will take the 4 runner. The air is freezing and it has auto temp. control which we love. The seats are comfortable and the interior is roomy for an SUV in its class.

We love the exterior which includes the scoop on the hood and the flip in the back. Have gotten many heads to turn and compliments on it. The drive is terrific and air is ice cold. The cup/bottle holders are great and convenient.

It needs another power outlet in the front. More storage compartments. A compass would be nice especially on a sport model. I would love to see a larger sunroof. Power seats would be nice for the drivers side. Other than that, so far so good.