Used 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Legacy

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

First Subaru Experience
By member23

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I came out of an SUV into a Subaru for fuel economy. While there are many good car choices in this class (Fusion, Accord, Altima) the driver seat comfort and AWD won me over. After 4500 miles the new car thrill is gone and I have a car that I like driving, is reliable, and gets good mpg's. The decision to buy a new car is personal and I'm not knocking any other cars, as there are some great choices. But this car works for me and I'd recommend it to a friend.

Favorite Features

Driver seat comfort. AWD

False MPG
By monkey21

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 2012 2.5I Limited. I was told the average mpg was 30., this is false. I have put 500 miles on it in the first week. I drive 80 miles a day highway miles to and from work. My average is 23.7 mpg. I would not recommend this car if you are looking for decent to good gas mileage. I live in Denver CO. and thought the AWD would be nice. It is ok but would never have bought if I new the true MPG. I had I 2004 Chevy Impala prior getting 27 mpg. You would think I new car with posted 31 mpg would do better but it does not.

Favorite Features

leather seating.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG. sales people tell the truth about MPG. Then again if you did you would not sell any!

Awesome so far...
By joesweetsox

2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Recently became disenchanted with Honda over a seemingly endless string of mechanical failures on two cars I bought in '06. I traded the Civic in on a Legacy 2.5 Limited mostly because I've never heard anything bad about Subaru, and the 2.5 Limited appeared to get slightly less mileage than the Civic. Now comparing a Civic to a Legacy isn't exactly fair, as they are different classes of car, but the build quality seems to be similar, the CV transmission is a little odd at first but given it's goal is to find the optimum engine rev, not necessarily the quickest it's just something to get used to. I've put about 40 miles on it, and the fuel gauge has yet to budge.

Favorite Features

BlueTooth, CV transmission, Leather.

Suggested Improvements

None so far...