2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Pretty sure I'll never drive a

2013 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Pretty sure I'll never drive another brand again.
By dpf85 on

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a 28 yr old male, combat arms in the Army, who is really into what I call "adventure time." So I wanted something that looked nice, got decent mpg, and could take me where ever I wanted to go. Enter my 2013 Impreza Sport Limited. A treat to myself with my money from the 'Stan. My ol' lady likes to tease me and say it is a station wagon, but meh, I LOVE it. My only two gripes: with the A/C on, it accelerates like a granny on a scooter; and even after almost 11,000 miles I'm still getting only 26 mpg mixed driving. I by no means drive like an old person, but I don't have a lead foot either... so I'm a little disappointed in that. Other than that, I'm a fan for life.

I love the grip you get from the AWD, which is by far the best AWD in the industry. I feel more secure in the cornering in this vehicle than I did when I owned a Cadillac STS. I love that the interior is nice without being over-done or too fancy. Some of the plastic feels a little cheap, but that's a minor thing to me.

I would gladly sacrifice some MPG for stronger acceleration with the A/C on. I live in the middle of the desert, so when it's 109 outside rolling down the windows is not an option... all that creates is the sensation of a blow dryer in your face. Plus, it's embarrassing to have to turn off your A/C to beat a SmartCar off the line, haha.