Almost perfect
By Stiltd on
2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
This is almost the perfect performance car. Its handling, acceleration and braking are 80% of a supercar, but for 30% of the price. It gets all the right kind of attention (people complimenting its good looks) & none of the wrong kind. Engine has good power, transmission ratios are perfect, & AWD is awesome. Seats feel great, interior is very mature, all controls are easy to reach & the climate control system works perfectly. This is my first non-US made car, and while there are few things I miss, I can see why Detroit is in big trouble. I think it's one of the best looking cars of all time. BTW, gas mileage is BETTER than rated! (Insurance is higher than expected).
Favorite Features
Power, AWD, looks, handling, braking, interior layout, dash power up is cool too. Lots of parts and options for these cars as well (but expensive!) Gas mileage is really good for such a performance car. I'm getting 20+ in the city driving conservatively. Less if I drive hard. Really a driver's car.
Suggested Improvements
Way, way, way too many rattles & squeaks. Car pulls to the left, dealership can't fix it. STUPID 2 touch, 2 switch sunroof control. Stereo sound quality below average. Aux input in a bad location. Needs remote trunk release. Controls on keyfob should be on key like Toyota does it. More HP please! :)