2010 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great driving SUV
By Clobber on 06/12/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a 97 4Runner with a 2010 Xterra. Had my doubts initially, but after 3 months I am sold! I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. Lots of cargo room. Great visibility, and really responsive steering. More fun to drive than the 4Runner was. At 178" it is easy to park and maneuver in tight surroundings. Smooth transmission, smooth ride, and quieter than I was expecting. Love the fact that the rear seats fold flat. No regrets.

Great durability - light on design
By Ensign on 06/06/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been buying Nissans since 1981 mostly for their engines. Generally they tend to be superior on durability but light on comfort and convenience. My Xterra is the first SUV I have owned. I bought the X model because I wanted a manual transmission but did not want to buy the more expensive off road. As usual the engine and transmission are excellent but poor design on comfort and convenience. I could not believe there is no side mirror control and no map light. No mirror or light in the visor. The storage compartments are poorly designed. These little things are not expensive but are very much appreciated by consumers. Nissan designers - get a clue!

My bad a** xterra
By jjabb on 06/06/10 05:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Loving my xterra out here in the Arizona desert. It is the SUV you want. Nice clearance and great power to get you through any terrain.

'06 Wrangler Rubicon Replacement
By Nimrod on 05/27/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After Telluride last year and Moab this year I decided it was either Big $$ to upgrade the Rubicon or stop and go in another direction. Here in Northern NM mountains, the Xterra has very capable attributes. I've had it on one of the roughest off-roads in the area with no problemes at all. The ground clearance is better than a stock '06 Rubicon and the stock tires are taller. The extra wheel base gives the Xterra an edge over the Rubicon for comfort. Cargo space is a huge winner and the power sealed the deal. The AT takes some getting use to in 4WD as I now drive with the brake rather than the gas/clutch. I'm 6'4" and the fit is perfect. Family's 9th Nissan w/wife's current '09 Pathfinder

I was wrong
By Josh on 05/24/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a poor review on my new off road X back in December. I had a couple of rattles but Nissan fixed them. The rattles in the dash are only when it was cold and the dealer came through. The more I drive my X the more I love it. The power of the v6 is great and you really get use to the stiff ride. It actually handles great for a truck and very sporty. Overall a great vehicle. I have to admit me first impressions were way off. I really enjoy my x and it was good choice.

Nice simple truck
By Tyler on 05/20/10 08:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the Xterra for 6 months now, and it has been great. It has great power for an SUV, and is pretty roomy inside for my family of 4. I get around 16 mpg in town, and around 20 on the freeway. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room. While it is plenty quiet on the pavement, when you get on a dirt or gravel road, the it resonates and is quite loud. I have the tow package, and have towed a small trailer once, it did great.

My Xterra
By cbw on 05/15/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking around for a new truck. I was waiting on the new F-150, but Ford make them so big now, it wouldn't fit in the garage. So, I went the SUV route. The Xterra is one of the few built on a fully boxed truck frame for better strength. Sure it may use a little more gas than the others but it's a rock and it will run when you need it. I only have 800 miles on it and so far very impressed. I just hope it will get better when it's broken in. I tossed in a K&N panel filter and I am getting 19 in town. For those who don't know, Nissan rates it @ 15 in town.

Tough
By cbw on 05/14/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to increase your mileage, toss in a K&N filter. I am getting 19 in town with the air on. I can't complain too much since I did upgrade from a car. Sure you are going to burn a little gas, but it's worth it for a compact SUV with a fully boxed frame. The ride is quiet even @ 80,90, 100, it's a rock.

Striking vehicle
By WranglerDriver on 05/08/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Driven my Terra for several months now. Great acceleration and fairly smooth compared to my Durango and of course, Jeep Wrangler. Have not taken it off-road but great on heavy snow with 4x4 enabled. It is a truck so not as smooth as a crossover, but I prefer the toughness of the build and the Off-road version gives extra protection underneath and better tires.

Very satisfied so far
By Subadude on 04/23/10 17:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my SE for about a month now. My likes definitely outweigh my dislikes. Very powerful engine, getting good fuel economy 18 - 20 overall, but driving it easy in the break in period. Seats seem very comfortable, good support, wish they were heated. RF Sound system is awesome for stock. Surprisingly quiet even on rough pavement, but it does have a firm, choppy ride. It's not a car though, so I can live with that. Great no-nonsense SUV that will handle my towing chores, and get 5 skiers or backpackers where they need to go with all their stuff. Got one drive in the snow, and had no trouble blasting through a foot and a half of light powder.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Xterra Suv in WA is:

$141 per month*