Used 2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Very Happy with My Xterra
By xterras

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted an SUV that's powerful, sturdy with reasonable off road capacities. Picked X due to its fair pricing, powerful engine(VQ), solid BoF construction, great outward visibility & the cute look. Have put 5K miles on it so far, incl. a 2500 mile trip in 1 week. Really impressed with the acceleration. Great handling. Tight turn radius. Perfect size for a single guy. I prefer firm seats and find X's very comfortable. Like the high seating position, feel confident. High ground clearance, no need for ramps when changing oil. I felt far less tired driving the X for a full day, than diving a civic (my previous car). Manual is not clear about gas octane, so I use #89 since the engine is VQ.

Did I mention the engine is powerful? Smooth transmission esp. when up- shift. Perfect size, easy to drive on narrowed mountain roads, easy to park, yet have more than enough cargo space. Rear seat can fold flat so I can sleep inside comfortably. MPG as advertised. Great visibility. Solid truck.

For the S model, please either have a 6-disk changer (even my 10-yr old civic has one!), or have an AUX interface. So I don't have to listen to the same CD over and over again on long trip. Make interior and cargo area scratch less easily. Also, certain interior parts (e.g. door handles) feel loose.

Love it
By sockeye

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle wanting to have a multipurpose vehicle that could also pull a boat. I looked at the CRV, ford escape, Rav4, 4runner. The first 3 really couldn't do the job of pulling a boat and are really more of a car dressed as an SUV. The 4 runner is nice, but too big to also have in the city and also expensive. So far the Xterra has been perfect. I have taken it on and off road many times and it handles great. Definitely more of a truck ride, but on any half decent road it feels just like any other modern vehicle.

can pull a boat, fold down seats make for good hauling, comfortable drivers seat, easy to spot in a parking lot!

Paved or not, this beats them all!
By sailorman

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Xterra. We have a Ford Escape and were going to get another one but after one drive in the Xterra we couldn't go back. I still grin when I have to load cargo into the massive trunk or crawl over rocks effortlessly. The huge windows all around offer a wonderful view and safer lane-changing. I spend the week commuting and this bulky SUV is surprisingly comfortable. On the weekends, it dominates off-road and I've never doubted if it could take me where I want to go. This is a great all-around vehicle for me and my growing family.

360 degree views, rubber lined cargo space for easy clean-up, tons of neat manly gadgets like rooftop storage, hidden storage in the trunk and impressive tow-rating.

A sunroof would make things sportier. The interior is a bit bland and easy to scratch. Also, no power seats in anything but the SE is tough for multiple drivers of different heights. Otherwise, impressed every day by my Xterra.

From Old to New
By hirosfca

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Upgraded from my 2002 Xterra 4x2 to the 4x4 Off Road package. I actually use this vehicle for the road trips, on and off road. Sometimes, I would venture onto a path or pseudo-road that turned off road and regret that I only had a 4x2 so this new addition of the total off road capability is very nice. Now I wont be worried about getting stuck or stopping our adventure short due to the vehicle's off road capability. I love the sparse easy to clean interior and the tough chunky looks. I have the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and that is a great piece of mind to know that Nissan will back up the reliability of the vehicles they make.

I love the sparse easy to use and easy to clean interior. I love the rockford fosgate sound system and the bluetooth connectivity. Xterra is the only Mid-size body on chassis truck based 4x4 that offers a manual transmission.

I would like a softer wider cushier seat. It should include a trailer hitch as standard equipment.

Love My Little Beast!
By Outlaw Blondie

2010 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a truck/lrg.SUV person and planned on buying another GMC, but they seem to make all these new Make/Models so ridiculously bulky that I debated for 2 years. I looked at every truck and SUV, it was like Goldilocks and The 3 Bears. This one is to small, this one is to big, this one is too sissy, this one is too boring, then finally Ah this one feels just right. I went shopping with my son who bought an Xterra. Within a week I loved it so much I bought one, and within a week after that my brother-in-law loved ours so much he bought one. Now we are planning some kewl family Off-roading trips. The SE is fun and sporty, yet classy enough for a night out on the town. I Love it!

Sporty Outback appearance. Perfect size, Built on a truck chassis which to me is a real SUV not these Car/mini-van crossover SUVs. Great visibility for someone 5ft., RF Stereo-MPplayer-XM- Bluetooth rocks, Plenty of power, Makes great turns, plays very nicely in the dirt, Nice standard window tint.

Outside temp. display!! Auto headlights/daytime running lights, Better interior material as not to scratch so easily, Heated seats, Heated mirrors, A sunroof would be nice, Cargo Mat, rear air ducts, A little cushier ride out on a dirt road, then I think it would be one perfect Vehicle.