Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Works for small, city commutes
By JJONES

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Versa so far#
By adrianne phillips

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased my 2008 Nissan Versa SL. So far I love it. The acceleration is adequate and cvt shifts smoothly. Just had to fix a broken low tire pressurs sensor, but my mechanic checked it over and it was in great shape.

Nissa does not care about customer safety
By Bill Fitzgerald

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2 years ago my passenger side front wheel fell off the wheel support structure. I was traveling 25mph and the car abruptly stopped dead in it's tracks, no rolling to a stop or skidding. 10 minutes later I would have been traveling 65mph heading to work & can imagine the potential for damage, injury, loss of life. The repair bill was $388. I contacted Nissan and requested that they reimburse me, after all this is a defect, wheels do not fall off. Nissan declined. In Jan 2016 I received a recall notice from Nissan indicating the the front wheel springs needed to be replaced because they were susceptible to corrosion due to the winter weather in the north east. The corrosion could cause the springs to fail and the wheel would fall off. I had Nissan replace the springs and sent them a letter with the $388 repair bill from 2014. After all, Nissan just admitted that the front wheels could fall off at any time! Nissan declined to pick up the tab for their wheel defect. During my conversation with the Nissan representative, I told them that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Nissan's refusal to reimburse me for the wheel structure defect repair enforces the point that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Any company which cared about customer safety would recognize their wheel structure defect and immediately take care of it. How many other unsuspecting Nissan owners are driving around in a vehicle in which the wheel could fall off at any time! Nissan does not care about customer safety!

Loved it's!
By Rod

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Basic car - had a stick shift and sun roof - made it fun.

i love this car
By peter f.

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i keep reading how people have issues with power.have any of you ever driven a car with overdrive before?overdrive is like the fifth gear in a manual,it is only for highway driving.city driving and back roads you turn off overdrive.when i drive mine and am getting on the highway my overdrive is off until i get up to speed and think it has great pickup.i havent had any other problems like the muffler issue or bad allignment.did have to change fuel injectors but not in an amount of time that would make me think it is substandard.had a bad o2 sensor,same story.i would buy this car again