Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Loved my Versa for the first 2 years...now...not so much
By beatchic

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Off the bat the first year I took it into the dealer multiple times before they replaced the fuel pump and I think there was a recall at the time. The muffler and exhaust system rod severed at 3 years. The horn quit at 3-4 years. The visor fell off, the rubber sealing around the doors fell off and the fabric around the back door peeled off. Lots of discoloration on the turn signal bar and other levers. Was told by mechanic that this is a Renault with a Nissan Logo on it.

I love the space in the car and all the storage in the hatch back. Love the seat height as well and the leg room.

Better quality overall.

Love it! A few problems, but it's great for the money!
By andresama3

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've got over 105,000 miles and I've never had the alignment problems people keep mentioning. I did however have the muffler problem at about 95000 miles which is longer than most people got hah. The manual recommends a spark plug change at 105k but I started to notice it needed changing around 90k. I've never had it stop or lockup in traffic and I actually get BETTER gas mileage than what's posted. 24 city/30 hwy 27 hybrid was what the dealership sold it as; I usually get about 30-35 hybrid driving. But I do my best to drive it right though, make sure my tires are inflated and do maintenance on time. I got it new in 2008 and drive it A LOT!

The gas mileage and the trunk/interior space. I didn't have kids when I bought it but I do now and I didn't think for a second I'd be needing a bigger car because this one is perfect for the whole family.

Well... The muffler issue since just about everyone seems to have that at some point.

NEVER HAD AN ALIGNMENT PROBLEM
By anthony87

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have read these reviews and I have to wonder if the people that have had alignment problems are just hitting too many potholes. I have over 70k on my car and have only had one alignment and I know it was due to the terrain. Nothing flimsy about this car. It's been an excellent car, I drive a lot and I highly recommend it. It's held up extremely well, no mechanical problems at all. I think it's all in how you drive.

A Fool is born everyday
By kpcole

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, I'm the fool. I wish I could go back and get the Honda Fit I originally wanted but didn't get b/c Honda wouldn't come off $1,000 from the price. I purchased the 2008 Nissan Versa and have hated it from the 1st week of ownership. 64,000 miles and the windows won't go up and down smoothly, When accelerating going up an entry ramp to the hwy, I lose MPH and the RPM's redline. I have to pull over on the shoulder of the highway at 5:00pm traffic, put it in park, then back to drive to reset it. Only to have it happen again going up a hill slowly. Sometime I have to push the petal to the metal (floorboard) just to get it to move! And the steering wheel gets loosey goosey when I lose the MPH's.

NONE- Gas mileage is worse than husbands Ford 500!!!

Nissan....not again!
By grublet22

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving this vehicle from brand new from September 2007 and I very disappointed that at 68,000 miles, I have been nickled and dimed to death with vehicle. Tires replaced twice due to the super poor alignment! I have had it realigned twice now, working on a 3 rd time. Muffler rusted through and had to have that repaired. Now I am dealing with the fuel injectors.....just had to put out $350 to have them cleaned and coolant flush. Rear door seal falling off. Break lights needed replaced by mechanic because the average person can't do it by themselves.This will be my 1st and last Nissan.

Exterior and interior design with plenty of head room.

Improve on the quality of car that Nissan is putting out there.