Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

What to expect
By Carolina

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprisingly disappointed with my choice. Special Edition, sounded great, looked good, systems is nice, but have been experiencing too many issues after the 16k mile. It's been dealer maintained only, and I drive less than the average doe. Windows not working, car not starting, had to take it 4 times for the same issue and finally, they got it right, issues with cheap belts breaking, serpentine and Alt Belt. Time consuming, very stressful to be broken down on the side of the road when you have a "NISSAN" under 20k miles. Unheard of before, and I owned several makes and models including Nissan in the early 90's, when their quality was much better, So I would think twice next time.

Pump fuel kit. Better quality belts, better cup holders with deeper capacity, better motors for windows

Not too bad
By BMH

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this car with 14k on it in 06 and has over 60k now. Gas milage is far better than factory sticker. Being 6'3", this car is way small. The cup holders are worthless. The ride is ok, very noisy. Doesn't like to start on first try some times or it starts and dies. Have an on going issue with the plug for the mass air flow sensor. Keeps getting dusty and then the car through an engine code and won't drive, have to blow out the plug to get it to run. Performance is poor, I had an 88 Honda Accord that had a better ride and more pep then this car.

Gas milage

Interior room, cup holders, noise dampening, better performace (125hp is bad), and maybe a better location for the m.a.s. plug.

A truly good car.
By car guy

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Best model: 1.8 S Special Edition. Edmonds' data and reviews are wrong. This is an excellent vehicle. Bought this used with 18K miles. For 10 months have driven car in the city or making short commutes. We also have taken two long trips of 2600 miles. I was a mechanic for years. Note: our other car is a Cadillac with all of the bells and whistles. 1.8 Special Edition model has good looking wheels and spoiler, keyless entry, etc. In terms of features it has more than our Cadillac excepting power seats. Interior is typically basic for an economy car. The leg room is fine for anyone under 6'3. Mileage is 33 with 1.8 Liter engine and auto trans. Handles well. Super sound. Nice car.

Never pump the gas to start. Starts and runs perfectly. Plenty of acceleration to get onto highway. Quiet engine and trans. Brakes are fine. AC is fine. Easy interior controls for everything. Lots of storage spots for sunglasses, maps, CD's, books. Back seat folds down for trips to nursery.

Only suggestion: a bit more sound deadening insulation in the cabin. It is true that the road noise is more noticeable at 55 or higher than our Cadillac. Another cause is the low profile tires that come from the factory. In a week we did not notice anymore. Not too bad. Other models not as good.

Unreliable
By AZ

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm very disappointed in this car. It just got its second fuel pump about 6,000 miles ago which is going bad again, the rack and pinion had to be replaced soon after purchase, the drivers door seal leaked water and had to be replaced, the radio stopped playing out of the passenger side speakers and had to be replaced, the drivers window regulator has been replaced three times and still doesn't work properly (the dealer also broke the glass twice), the air conditioner doesn't blow cold unless your on the highway, when you turn the air conditioner on it makes a weird noise, and their is a squealing noise when you start the car and the dealer/nissan customer service are not help at all.

price although its not worth the headache, the aux jack, gas mileage

reliability, cup holders, nissan customer service (they told me I should have called each time the car was at the dealer to let them know I was having problems)

Great car
By iog

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Nissy. I did not have with it any troubles at all.

Fuel economy, exterior radiant color and soft-shaped design, fun driving, comfort interior.

To reduce the price.