Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

A truly good car.
By car guy

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Best model: 1.8 S Special Edition. Edmonds' data and reviews are wrong. This is an excellent vehicle. Bought this used with 18K miles. For 10 months have driven car in the city or making short commutes. We also have taken two long trips of 2600 miles. I was a mechanic for years. Note: our other car is a Cadillac with all of the bells and whistles. 1.8 Special Edition model has good looking wheels and spoiler, keyless entry, etc. In terms of features it has more than our Cadillac excepting power seats. Interior is typically basic for an economy car. The leg room is fine for anyone under 6'3. Mileage is 33 with 1.8 Liter engine and auto trans. Handles well. Super sound. Nice car.

Favorite Features

Never pump the gas to start. Starts and runs perfectly. Plenty of acceleration to get onto highway. Quiet engine and trans. Brakes are fine. AC is fine. Easy interior controls for everything. Lots of storage spots for sunglasses, maps, CD's, books. Back seat folds down for trips to nursery.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion: a bit more sound deadening insulation in the cabin. It is true that the road noise is more noticeable at 55 or higher than our Cadillac. Another cause is the low profile tires that come from the factory. In a week we did not notice anymore. Not too bad. Other models not as good.

Unreliable
By AZ

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm very disappointed in this car. It just got its second fuel pump about 6,000 miles ago which is going bad again, the rack and pinion had to be replaced soon after purchase, the drivers door seal leaked water and had to be replaced, the radio stopped playing out of the passenger side speakers and had to be replaced, the drivers window regulator has been replaced three times and still doesn't work properly (the dealer also broke the glass twice), the air conditioner doesn't blow cold unless your on the highway, when you turn the air conditioner on it makes a weird noise, and their is a squealing noise when you start the car and the dealer/nissan customer service are not help at all.

Favorite Features

price although its not worth the headache, the aux jack, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

reliability, cup holders, nissan customer service (they told me I should have called each time the car was at the dealer to let them know I was having problems)

Great car
By iog

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Nissy. I did not have with it any troubles at all.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, exterior radiant color and soft-shaped design, fun driving, comfort interior.

Suggested Improvements

To reduce the price.

Point A to Point B with some extras
By David

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Parents bought me this car (first one). Had it for 2 years this month. Average 29mpg 23 city / 39 highway. I usually only do 65-70mph on high way, was shocked at the mileage. I like that it has an aux. jack, which btw the 2006 infiniti doesn't even have (only included in the 2008 model). Windshield wipers leave massive streaks, but I think I needed to get that replaced. I can't ever seem to find a comfortable head rest position on long trips. Engine sometimes misfires on start up, I just have to wait a second and try again, not that big of deal. Hate the cup holders, fine for cups, but bottles fall right out on corners, also hits cd buttons because of position. 20 yo/boy/5'8''

Favorite Features

aux audio jack, price ($12k before taxes in 2007). great high way mpg. stereo system is pretty good, not noisy for the neighbors.

Suggested Improvements

cup holders!! head rests. Would suggest better tires since mine slips like crazy in the snow, dad replaced them with eagle gt's but I'm getting a 09 altima this week so I won't know how they handle.

Too many defects
By blair

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my 2nd Sentra and our family's 6th Nissan since 1988. I also purchased the same model/year for my daughter, which was clearly a mistake. This will be my last Nissan as both the quality and reliability have decreased tremendously! My daughter and I both have problems with the fuel pumps needing replaced multiple times because of a defect. We are getting ready to take our vehicles back to the dealership for the 3rd time for fuel pump issues. Belts had to be replaced at 20k miles, because as dealership said, "they're inferior". Back window jammed due to defective part in door (back window was hardly used). These aren't quality cars anymore.

Favorite Features

Decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible cupholders!