2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Should have bought the Honda...
By Ross on 08/01/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a '98 Sentra SE that was a great car. Replaced it with an '06 1.8S that is the worst car I've ever driven. The interior is the worst color ever imagined, and I think they used slinkies for the springs. The suspension is absolutely terrible! It doesn't corner well, it's unstable on the highway, and it's rough over even mild bumps. The cupholders were definitely not tested on a manual transmission model, downshifting into 1st usually results in hitting whatever is in them and spilling your drink. After 2000 miles, the car had already developed more squeaks and rattles than my 8 year car had in its lifetime. Do yourself a favor an spend the extra $2000 to buy a Civic.

My best friend
By luvmysentra on 07/26/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Sentra for little over a month now, and am absolutely pleased with my purchase. I was looking for a simple, yet comfortable car with fuel efficiency as the most important feature. I purchased a 1.8s and was able to get many more features than I'd ever expected on my "college student" income. All the features are automatic, I have a manual transmission with cruise control (I love this feature), and the trip odometer has about 6 different displays that I cannot find in any of my friends' cars. I use the MPG and dte displays most frequently. After 1300 miles, I am averaging just under 32 mpg in mixed driving conditions. This care is dependable, comfortable, and a great buy!

Sentra is great!
By Missnay14 on 07/16/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 06' Sentra 1.8 S is a fun car to drive, good for a first time car owner. Good overall performance, very sporty. The Sentra also has the best brakes in its class, which lends for better performance. The Sentra is very easy to operate, the layout is awesome, everything inside the car is easily found.

good economy car
By gman on 07/13/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a good economy car that is reliable.Its doesn't have alot of room inside but it gets the job done.

fun
By teendriver on 06/24/06 23:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i rented this car while mine was being fixed and it was REALLY fun to drive. the engine sounds great and handles pretty good. it's ok on gas and accelerates really well. the interior looked cheap but was simple and served its purpose. it was a little small inside and i would pity a heavy person if they tried to drive it. the a/c was ice cold and the radio was decent. about three days into driving it the brake was making a squeaky noise but that was probley my fault.

My 2 Nissan Sentra
By Frank on 06/24/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own 2 the only thing I do not like is the rockford fosgate system. Speaker went bad on back order (Rear speaker) CD player had to be replaced on my 05 sentra. Speaker was in the 06 sentra. Very fuel efficent car. I get upward of 40 miles per gallon if I keep car under 65 MPH. Car is great and very quiet on road trips suspension just a little stiff but nice car to drive on long trips. I do not like the stereo only problem I have with the cars every thing else is great.

best deal for the money
By happy owner on 06/22/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have 16547 miles on this car and it's never been in the shop. Front tires are beginning to wear(have not had them rotated). Uncomfortable after a couple of hours of steady driving (legroom). Fantastic gas milage always 38-42 on the highway when speed is kept at 50-55 miles an hour, lowers to 33-35 at 65+ miles per hour. Great value, lots of extras included in price (power everything and remote locks). Nice exterior design, lots of compliments (spoiler and low profile 16" alloy wheels).

My 3rd Sentra!
By Shelly H on 06/21/06 01:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a few months ago, of which had replaced my 1993 Sentra that floated away from flood waters cause by Hurricane Katrina. Compared to my other two Sentras (a 1989, also) this years model is more stylish then the older models I've had. The car is fun to drive, as it has always been. And is a perfect car for the 'new driver,' because it is just as easy to drive/park as it is fun. Gas milage is still great (right now I'm averaging around 27 miles to a gallon), but I find that this year model drinks a bit more gas then the others I've owned. Also, the ride is a bit looser and the car does tend to sway during hard turns. The seats are finaly more comfortable, but still no leg room.

Decent for the money
By tron20 on 06/05/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Maybe it's the way I drive, but I'm getting way better gas mileage than what the sticker says. It says 28C/34H. The computer inside says I'm getting on average 38.1 MPG. NIIICE! Likewise, the similar 1.8L AT 2006 Corolla was rated at 32H/38H and I was averaging 38 MPG. What gives for the EPA Ratings??I regularly get 450 miles to a tank of gas. The car's engine has good pickup if I choose to slam on the gas. Sound system is great on the Special edition package.

My Sentra
By Joshie on 05/01/06 22:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good car and pretty good with gas. I've been getting about 26 mpg. I got an automatic and it drives really well, I'm more of a stick driver - but this automatic is nice. I love the sound system and moonroof. And the trunk release comes in handy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.