Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Fun Little Car
By capman

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, the sound system and 6-disc in dash cd player are awesome! The front bucket seats are comfortable. The SE version has the Firehawk tires that are very expensive to replace. The cup holders are poorly located.I kick off the cd player at least once a week when putting down my soda.I've had the car 7 months so far and I'm still enjoying it. Drove from Maine (where I live to NYC) and the trip went smoothly. Wondering how the car will drive in the snow?

Favorite Features

Stereo system and cruise control and inside trunk release

Suggested Improvements

Control to adjust the mirror. cup holders need to be moved.Tires on the SE model are too rare and expensive to replace

Excellent Car
By purpleleather

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If any 4 banger I ever owned this is one car that will scare the hell out of the V6 and 8's a run for its money. Just touch the gas and its gone! Code red is the color of my car and there couldn't been a better name for that red and the character of this car. I will have this car for a long time and hope it an experience I will never lose gaining. Nissan dealer is been great and helpful.

Favorite Features

gas pedal! it goes and no prisoner

Suggested Improvements

hmm, i would have loved a leather seating option

my #1 nissan & not my last 1
By robertchance

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I Drive at least 100 miles a day to and from work in city & highway travel I average 35 MPG never did ever get that mileage from my Pontiac grand-am .The Nissan sentra special edition has more standard features than the grand-am se has and a lower price also.There is no wind noise &very little road noise un like the Grand-am had .I rate this car very highly and can understand why you don't see many on the used car lots

Favorite Features

I wold highly recommend the special edition package 300 watt Rockford fosgate stero system is worth the additional cost alone not mention the appearance package rear spoiler&alloy wheels &16"FIRESTONE FIREHAWK tires what else could you ask for. The best color is the sapphire blue & charcoal interior

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements would be better cup holders for the long drive home. Also a more comfortable seats I am over 6 ft tall and need a little more leg room. My next purchase will most likely up grade to the altima for the roominess I could only hope that I would be just as happy with .

Great Road Car
By Chester Morrison

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2006 Nissan Sentra five speed manual after the great experience with my wife's 2002 Pathfinder. I having been driving the car 280 miles a day since October in a new job. I average about 31 miles to the gallon. The car is fun to drive: very responsive and handles great in traffic. The interior is not luxurious but ample enough for my needs. The CD player came standard and the speaker system is great. It's the cheapest car I have ever purchased and I am quite pleased.

Good entry level sedan
By Ryan E.

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the 18.S Special Edition about two months ago and have been impressed. The seats are quite comfortable and I like the interior design. The ride is smooth compared to my previous 1996 Sentra, although it's a bit loud when accelerating. Gas mileage is great; I've been getting 32.6 mpg (advertisements say 35), doing highway driving as well as rural driving. Sound system was a major plus for me, 6 disc Rockford Fosgate in dash cd changer is awesome, and the speaker system sounds great. 8-inch woofer in the trunk slightly limits storage space, but sounds great. Auxiliary input lets me plug my ipod in a simple cable, and without any expensive accessories.

Favorite Features

Sound system was a major plus for me. Exterior design looks great, and the alloy wheels are a stylish plus. Great gas mileage. Comfortable ride, good car for the money - I was able to find one for about 4k off the sticker price.

Suggested Improvements

As noted above, engine is a bit loud when accelerating. There's not much legroom for backseat passengers if the driver is over 6 foot like me.