Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Look at as many reviews as possible
By Justin

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As another so perfectly wrote, there is good reason why this car sells so cheap. Mine came off the lot, complete with warped front disks and lightbulbs falling from underneath the dash. How does a car come from the factory with warped rotors? More recently, I've waited a month and a half for a broken shock to be replaced, which has been just enough time for the rear defroster to stop working and the serpentine belt to start squealing (I hope that's all it is) Be wise, don't fall for all the extras and low price. It's truly not worth the poor components, build quality, and service from Nissan. Pay the extra several thousand for a toyota or honda, you won't regret it!

gas mileage

07 Sentra or Versa? Are they any better? I won't ever know because this is my first and last Nissan.

Not as good as I would expect
By Brian

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got a good deal on this car but I still expected more. The transmission seems to be slipping already when getting out of first. The trunk release works any time so what is the valet key for? MPG I get about 26-30 on the average. My M3 gets 22-26 so to me it is not that much better. Also the remote locks stop working from time to time. Have to go through the steering wheel to get to the trip computer. Should have bought a Civic which has a cheaper true cost to own if you sell it after 3 years.

Cheap upfront cost.

Cup holders that work, rear defrost that stays on longer, better rear legroom, a lockable trunk release or just delete the useless valet key, better MPG.

Good Value, Nice Features
By Steve

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this is a great car. It was significantly cheaper than a Honda Civic and somewhat cheaper than the Toyota Corolla. I've had it a while and it doesn't disappoint. My wife has a new Corolla, and although it gets better gas mileage than my Sentra, I don't think it has as much going for it. The car runs great, gets good gas mileage, and has a lot of nice features for a car that cost less than $14k. Only problems are some squeaks in the dash. Took it to the dealer twice who "never heard the squeak". Dealer experience purchasing it was good; service dept less than acceptable.

All buttons easily accessible, good cd player, nice fit and finish.

Better fuel economy, particularly in city driving. Highway economy is excellent though. Nissan should improve the service departments of its dealerships - my experience has been very bad and frustrating particularly for such a small issue on a car that is under warranty.

Love MY Nissan
By Denise

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Nissan. No complaints whatsoever.Love the performance and I must say, it's a very looking classy car.

Everything.

Absolutely nothing.

Fun Little Car
By capman

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, the sound system and 6-disc in dash cd player are awesome! The front bucket seats are comfortable. The SE version has the Firehawk tires that are very expensive to replace. The cup holders are poorly located.I kick off the cd player at least once a week when putting down my soda.I've had the car 7 months so far and I'm still enjoying it. Drove from Maine (where I live to NYC) and the trip went smoothly. Wondering how the car will drive in the snow?

Stereo system and cruise control and inside trunk release

Control to adjust the mirror. cup holders need to be moved.Tires on the SE model are too rare and expensive to replace

• SUV