Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

1.8special edition great on gas
By Mike

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car should have a higher mpg rating I get 34 around town and on the highway I get 40+ mpg so I love the fuel economy. I got the car in 2013 with 88,000 miles on it and have only put tires on it and your normal oil changes I run full synthetic oil. The only thing I've replaced were the fog lights and that was only because a rock broke the glass on one of them. It is easy to replace them I did it myself. This is a great little car my oldest son will get this car in two years when he starts driving then two years after that my youngest will use it also and I know this car will be going strong then just like it is now! I also love the 6CD changer and the subwoofer in the trunk! Today is March 30th and I'm adding to my original post here I'm now at almost 111,000 miles and I'm still getting mid to upper 30's for around town mpg and low 40's for highway mpgs most of the time more I'm still using full synthetic oil and I'm now using higher octane fuel which not only improves the mpg even more but it helps to clean the fuel system and the performance. The funny thing is I'm getting the mpg of a new sentra if not better and mine is 10 years old.

Car shuts off in traffic!
By km warner

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nissan does NOT care about customer safety. My sentra had 154,000 miles on it. It was well maintained..engine was sound, except for the fact that it shut off for no reason while driving on the highway. There were many recalls on this issue and according to Nissan my car "was not included in the recall". I had 4 mechanics try and diagnose the problem to no avail. The dealership was even at a loss as to what the issue was. 4 months after I spent over 1,000.00 in tires, belts,spark plugs, multiple diagnostic tests I narrowly missed being run over by a truck when my car shut off on the highway, Took it to the dealership AGAIN and AGAIN no one knew what the problem was..I traded it in for a new car..sad part was I was 1.000.00 in the hole and owed 2200.00 on it...I was given 300.00 for my "trade-In"...stay far away from this car. Nissan should recall all VIN # it is a death trap.

The Handles on this car
By Marcos

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have some fun using the cars handles around some curves.

Great car for those with a low budget in mind.
By Rob

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Its a very cheaply made car in just about every category but it does its job well. Bought my 2006 Sentra with 120k miles on it and its about to cross over 200k miles very shortly and i've replaced nothing, everything is still original on it and going strong. My car does has the hard hot start that so many people are having but with almost 200k miles, nothing has failed and i've never been left stranded so i just live with it.

Keeps truckin'
By umpdad

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July of '06. I drive 500 miles a week more or less and now have 235,500 miles on it. I did have a problem with the fuel pump and crankshaft sensor about a hundred thousand miles ago. It would start the second time every time for the longest while but eventually it worsened. I replaced a starter as a result Had a garage replace the fuel pump and it was better but got worse again. Finally took it to the dealer and got the crankshaft sensor replaced. I think it's been a great little car. All the interior buttons still work and the air is cold still after 8 1/2 years. If it dies tomorrow, I'd still think it's a great little car. The most reliable car I've ever had.