Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

The Handles on this car
By Marcos

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have some fun using the cars handles around some curves.

Great car for those with a low budget in mind.
By Rob

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Its a very cheaply made car in just about every category but it does its job well. Bought my 2006 Sentra with 120k miles on it and its about to cross over 200k miles very shortly and i've replaced nothing, everything is still original on it and going strong. My car does has the hard hot start that so many people are having but with almost 200k miles, nothing has failed and i've never been left stranded so i just live with it.

Keeps truckin'
By umpdad

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July of '06. I drive 500 miles a week more or less and now have 235,500 miles on it. I did have a problem with the fuel pump and crankshaft sensor about a hundred thousand miles ago. It would start the second time every time for the longest while but eventually it worsened. I replaced a starter as a result Had a garage replace the fuel pump and it was better but got worse again. Finally took it to the dealer and got the crankshaft sensor replaced. I think it's been a great little car. All the interior buttons still work and the air is cold still after 8 1/2 years. If it dies tomorrow, I'd still think it's a great little car. The most reliable car I've ever had.

Love this car!
By lordkeystroke

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in 07 with 19k on it. Added a Greddy Spectrum Elite catback and Falken Ziex tires. It is fun, and gets decent mileage, and handles really well. My only complaints are: The rings are weak, and my oil consumption has tripled (73k on it now), and sometimes when downshifting into 2nd, it pops out of gear. Keeping oil in it is simple, however, and I just hold the stick in 2nd to prevent the annoyance.

Sweet revving power! Great handling, decent stereo with factory subwoofer, looks hot.

Better rings! Move the power outlet away from BEHIND the cupholder...(really?!) That was dumb.

Still solid at 194k miles
By kismet1113

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the '06 S "Special Edition" model. I bought it used with around 30k miles and at 194k I've not had one mechanical issue. The single cd player in the car started eating cds and can't be used and the 6 disc Rockford Fosgate changer likes to eat them as well...so I don't use them. I think the entire Rockford system is junk and just a cheap version of their normal products. The backseat is not meant for adults at all, it is miserable for hauling adult passengers or anyone over about 5'4" tall. I used my Sentra to commute 3 hrs a day for work and it never let me sit and never broke down. Keep up with maintenance and it's a good car.