Used 2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE
By Jimbou

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is excellent when it is new. VERY new. Because at 4 months, it is old yet. the interior sounds like if the car was 10 years old. Wind, rattle, vibrations. Customer support overlooks my problems with arrogance. Nothing abnormal, they say.

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission are smooth and powerful, braking is efficient, handling is precise even under heavy rain, interior is comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Manufacturing quality and customer support are extremely poor.

Very nice minivan
By leeman391

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previous van was a Mercury Villager which I liked very much, and so wanted to buy the Quest. However I didn't like the center Instrumentation so when it was updated to the left side I was very pleased and started looking to buy one. The van is the nicest looking minivan and has a well laid out interior design and trim. It drives very car like and it is easy to exceed the speed limit.

Favorite Features

DVD player, smooth and powerful engine, car-like drive ability. Very modern looks.

Suggested Improvements

Split rear seats and reposition middle seat cup holder. Add 3rd row heat/cool controls.

Road champ
By brooksfam08

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Quest SE which we loved dearly. I thought it would be hard to see it go but na, I don't look back anymore because this performance and ride surpasses the old. Our 2000 model was fully loaded but this is definitely a upgrade. This is our 3rd car and it is hard to stay out of it. I got a unbeatable deal which made it very affordable which Honda didn't offer. For the options I have in the Quest SE, the only honda model that could compare is the Touring but the price was ridiculously much higher. Nissan Delivers.

Favorite Features

I love the Handling, performance, Sky roof panels, Navi, bluetooth, engine is a beast and quiet, driver visibility, extra room for passengers and behind 3rd row, power lifegate and side doors. We also love the Bose audio, Dvd and multiplay modes for kids to be kids.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield to pop out like the 2000 model, cabin chair windows to roll down and maybe also some under floor storage bins.

A Nice Van
By kulunphan818

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My SE Quest includes dual DVD screen + navigation system. The main reason for purchasing the Quest because all my family members like the style, interior designs of the van, even though I am not very confident of the long-term reliability of the Quest. However, I was willing to make the bet. It is no question that the Quest has much better exterior and interior designs, comparing with other major vans (Odyssey, Sienna, etc.). The only thing I did not like is the uncomfortable front seats. But the van is much quieter than Sienna or Odyssey.

Favorite Features

Skyview in the back, dual DVD screen. The upgraded Bose system sounds just OK but I know that Bose does not make good sound system like some people might think (cause I am an audiophile) or if compared with other sound systems. The Boston Acoustic sound system in my Chrysler 300C sounds much better.

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen navigation, instead of the joystick. Improve the front seats (driver and passengers.) The seats were designed to have too much bump for lumbar support, but it caused us not be able to lay down to rest our head to the head rest.

Many Nissans owned - 3 Quests
By Nissan Guy

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned an Altima, Pathfinder, two Maximas, and three Quests, 2004, 2007, 2008, all SEs. Our first Quest was great mechanically except for the sliding door rattles that Nissan fixed the next year. We found the road noise to be quieter after replacing the Good Year tires with Bridgestone. 2007 had front end issues fixed under warranty, no door rattles, but we got hoodwinked by the Michelin PAX tires so we just traded for the 2008. I think it will be quieter again after removing the Good Year Eagle tires. I have had Eagles on other vehicles without the road noise but not the Quest. We have loved all of our Nissan's. They have rarely if ever had to visit mechanics.

Favorite Features

Outside styling, always gets looks and comments. Skyview, dual dvd, room to haul, flat fold seats, 2008 seats are better than earlier versions.

Suggested Improvements

Touchscreen navigation, Bridgestone tires, my first Maxima had Bridgestone and we have loved them since. Ability to watch dual movies on dual dvd.