Used 1999 Nissan Quest SE Minivan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Very Good Van W/few problems
By Quest owner

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This has been a very good van for our family for the past seven years. It has been very reliable and a pleasure to drive. The fuel injection system does require cleaning every 30K miles or the pedal will "stick". The interior features have much to be desired, the cupholders, TV/VCR,and seat handles, side vent window latches, are not of good quality. The display of the radio has faded out for a couple of years now, the radio still works however. We are beginning to experience some electrical problems with the power vent windows, turn signal, and window/door lock controls. Overall we have been very pleased with the van and with 84K miles some repairs are to be expected.

The performance on the highway, the ride of a car, and the TV/VCR is one of kids favorites! The little "extras" have made the driving experience of this van pleasureable.

Quality of interior needs to be upgraded. Concerned about possible electrical problems going forward.

Not Great, But Definitely Good
By NissanFan

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

We purchased this van with 45k mi on it and have added another 60k w/o a major problem. I change the oil every 5k, and that's about it for service. Brake, shock, and tire wear have all been minimal. It starts and runs well in all weather, with one exception of a moderate lag at idle speed when the A/C compressor turns on. MPG is fair, usually 20-22. Seats are firm and comfortable. Driving position/feel is more carlike than other minivans. A little rust is beginning to show at the bottom of the sliding door panels, but the rest of the paint is good. One annoyance is that the latch on the passenger side sliding door window will not stay screwed in, but I would still buy this van again.

Reliability; firm, comfortable seats; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; side-turning headlights.

At 5'11", I always hit my head on the open trunklid. A few extra inches of vertical travel would be nice. Quality of cupholders, sunglass holder, etc. is not good. Interior fit/finish is below the quality of Sentras and Maximas I have owned.

Nissan Quest lover
By raaaaaaay

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

My Nissan Quest has great styling and good power. I have never been stranded. It is a good value. This is my second Quest, I had a 1997 model before. I traded it in for a 2001 Mazda MPV. I drove the MPV for two months then put it up for sale. I couldn't stand all the quirks and how small it was. I then went out and bought my 1999 Quest. I can't wait to to trade up to even newer Quest. It has awesome styling and is very reliable.

The van needs tougher body panels, they dent too easy, tougher interior controls, and more compartments inside

This one sucks
By Kevlev

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Engine is real bad. It sounds like an
overworked mule. Dealership service
could never fix it. Jerky action when
applying gas. Engine bogs down and is
a gas hog.

Nice Van
By #1 Dad

1999 Nissan Quest Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I like the Quest we've had a few minor
gliches when we first purchased it
used. The TV/VCR can be a bit
troublesome at times. The break pedal
sometimes sounds like you are stepping
on a mouse.(I've already had this
looked at and well the mouse came back
again) Overall though this has been a
good van for our family of five.

Sound System, TV/VCR, Rear AC, Storage all over the place.

Needs a DVD player instead, A little more foot room in the rear between the captains seats.