Used 2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Wow, is this fun to drive!
By sandiana

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely love it so far! I just bought my Maxima SV on Saturday, so this review is based on my initial impressions. It's a very powerful engine (I traded up from an '07 Camry with 268 HP, and while that was a powerful car this seems much more so) and I'm loving the CVT. I went w/the Monitor & Cold Pkgs, and the mats & splash guards. I got an amazing deal so decided to lease, when I typically buy my cars. I love that I was able to upgrade to a nicer, much more expensive car at such a reasonable price, and be able to get a new car in 39 months. My high ratings on Reliability & Build Quality are only a guess. I will update this review if anything changes down the road.

Appearance, powerful engine, smooth CVT -- and the stereo w/Bose speakers is incredible! It's very comfortable and luxurious, and with the current incentives, my lease deal was almost too good to pass up.

The upgraded stereo system should have a 6-CD changer. The placement of the USB port is awkward (as a driver I can't see it & have to feel around for it). Interior space could be a little wider. Those are my only 'wants' at this time.

We love this car!
By trbojnky

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought a 2010 Ocean Grey SV loaded with all the options. We love this car! We looked at many other cars and kept coming back to the Maxima. It is not a sports car, but it's more than fast enough for a family sedan. This car is a blast to drive! The nav works great and the XM radio is awesome to have. This color is stunning on this car, it's gray with a blue undertone. Our dealer (McCarthy Nissan) was an absolute pleasure to deal with! We look forward to many great years with this car.

Nav system, HIDs, Muscular looks, Great fit and finish, Bose sound system, rear vision camera

I wish you didn't have to buy all the toys just to get the HID headlights. I don't care for the back seat in the sport or premium models. No 19 inch wheels without the sport package.

Loved it
By SHARAKIN54

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Loved it till the CVT messed up during a Memorial Day trip.. This is a great car to drive and really love everything about it. Wanted one for ever since the body was re designed. Could use more interior storage,

Body style, performance

Can the CVT, ours is in the shop and has been since June 1, waiting on valve body for CVT,been told it will the first of July before it is here, Nissan needs to go back to a 5-6 speed automatic

GREAT CAR but think twice before you buy
By CAR CRAZEEEE

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Let me start by writing Nissan makes the best cars. I've had my 10' maxima for about a month and I'm thrilled driving it. Here it goes "pros" fast, comfy, power upon demand, style and safety. "cons" premium gas, $pecial e$ter oil, interior design, cheap radio, not enough storage, fuel economy avg 21-23 mpg at 30 hwy miles daily and I don't even Punch the car to enjoy the "performance" all doors opens at one stage only or you have to open all the way unlike altima and toyotas they have three stage door opening, dark interior, cheap head lights, too expensive for s type at 31k and back seats are too small. Bottom line think twice before you buy it. I should have kept my 2009 Nissan altima.

Push start, blue tooth, 6 cd changer, 18" rims, sunroof, sport looking and power.

storage compartments,lighter cloth interior color,3 stage door stopper,fuel economy,premium fuel,special ester oil (need to be able to use regular gas and oil) better head light bulbs than the old style yellow colored bulbs,quieter as the altima and last better paint at least in the front, chips EZ.

Maxima info
By 2010 maxima owner

2010 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Good looks, a head Turner nice interior and exterior. User friendly nav with voice recognition, bluetooth, XM all easy to use from steering wheel. Cooled seat, heated wheel and seats. Dual panel roof is nice color contrast whole roof is black. I tinted Windows. The 18 inch premium pack wheels are ok, I dropped the car an inch and put nice 20 inch rims. Great value, reliability with Nissan/longevity, re-sale and also a great car.