I really wanted to like this car!
By mhn on
2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This car is so much fun to drive. With that said, we have had so many problems with it. The sunroof took 7 tries to repair, the A/C went out, struts replaced, paint is chipping off rear view mirror on the garage door button, rotors are shot, front dash rattles, steering column gets stuck in the upright position, and today my check engine soon light came on. I baby this car and I am a very mild driver. Maybe I just got a lemon, but we are trading it for an Infiniti G35x because they seem to be getting much better reviews. Good luck if you purchase this this vehicle. Hope yours won't be a lemon. I loved driving it, too bad it spends just as much time in the shop as it does on the road. :-(
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, stylish, stereo that adjusts volume based on speed, large interior, heated steering wheel and heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
RELIABILITY... it is HORRIBLE. The computer dash is a dust collector, lots of rattles, the driver controls are ugly and need to look more like the Infiniti interior. Brakes, rotors, front end doesn't seem like it is built to handle the horsepower. Trunk is big, but awkward to get things into.