I love my MAX.
By Dick on
2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This is my 3rd Max, I trade every year. Its the best bang for your buck if you want a fast, well appointed sports sedan. Great acceleration, and a tight, yet smooth ride in a luxury sedan. The SE with low profile tires handles a little better (my car last year), but the SL's ride is smoother without giving up too much in the handling department. You really notice this difference at speeds over 90. The interior of the SL is very well done and comparable to more expensive sports sedans. The SE interior is more mundane lacking the flash of an SL. Quality is very good. I've had no problems except of a small rattle in the SE I had last year. I'll buy another one next year.
Favorite Features
PERFORMANCE! Heated steering wheel. Automatic seat backing and steering wheel tilting up when the key is taken out of the ignition. Nothing else sticks out because it's such a well put together package.
Suggested Improvements
More performance! Lower the speedometer (the steering wheel blocks the upper portion if tilted down). Move the fan control to the steering wheel. Go back to having the on/off switch for the radio/CD on the steering wheel instead of the Blue Tooth switch.