Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

206 Maxima love to hate it...
By Atlfalcons09

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my car in Jan.2007, very excited about finally owning a Maxima, just recently my transmission went out, struts are horrible and the car is very noisy, has knocking sounds under the car that the dealer can't figure out the problem, which is strange how they can figure out the major expensive stuff! The good things are the comfort and space...very good car to travel in and alot of trunk space. The car has very good pick up. The tires are very expensive and wear easily for some reason the dealer can't explain this either. Nice stereo system and speakers. Another complaint is this car has no change holder, 2 cup holders but no where to store change. Overall it's a nice car.

18 inch rims interior space and good radio and the moon roof

turning radius, figure out the noise issue, better struts and suspension

maxed out
By meka

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car 4/06. since then i have replaced struts, ac compressor, tie rods, head lights. knocking sound on right and the service men at nissan cant figure out what it is. constantly being aligned. front grill chipped up. it is very sporty and fun to drive but cant enjoy the drive for having to replace tires so often which are way to expensive. a headlamp cost me $186. oh not to mention the motor mounts keep breaking. guess you can say i got a lemon too. will never ever buy another one. im maxed out on funds keeping this junk running!

heated seats, 6 disc player

steering, lower cost tires,headlamps.

Will Miss IT!
By Stephanie E

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Nissan for 4 yrs. ABSOLUTELY loved it! I purchased a LOADED SE model & can't complain too much about it. The only down side is the turning radius sucked. As far as reliability, ride, comfort, & performance it was awesome. It set standards that spoiled me that other manufactures don't include in options (heated steering wheel). Although window sticker stated 27 MPG, mine got 25-26 MPG (not too bad - and I don't putt putt around). I recently totaled it, so SAFETY was GREAT! When side air bags deployed no smell or gas filled the interior like others do. This was one of my favorite make/models to own. I will definitely miss this car!

Heated Steering Wheel & Seats, Park assist, Driver saved settings, Steering Wheel controls, Integrated Phone, ROOM!

Turning radius

Max THe BEAST!! The Best Car EVER
By Frederick Arthur P-K

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car from an auction. It drives well, Spacious and the features are comparable to that of an E-class. I bought this car because it was the right balance between a luxury and an everyday car. The car looks great especially with the 18" chrome with black leather interior on black ext. It would have been nice if they got rid of the handbrake, included an mp3 player with AUX, an automatic trunk shut system. Very noisy if music not on blast, suspension is a bit rough bt I love this car. And dnt regret one bit! If you are looking at buying this car, go all out, and get all options other than that get an ALTIMA..

Bluetooth, 269 HP speed, Design, Bose audio system, trunk and interior space, chrome wheels, Xenon lights, nice bucket seats,

Turning Raduis, Road noise, Stereo to include mp3 CD and AUX ports. automatic trunk shut, and slightly better gas mileage. Shutting down some cylinders when not in use, to save gas

Not bad, but not my favorite
By JacobPlano

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars, M3, G35, and a CLK430, all of which were 2 door sport cars, but this time around I decided to go with something more logical for college. This car is a love hate relationship, I love that I can tote around 5 friends comfortably with a truck full of junk. But I hate the way it drives when I am alone, it's quick for its size, but tire spin, turning radius, and handling are lacking majorly. Also is lacking with the toys, all my last cars have little nooks and crannys with something cool, this car is plain jane. Though, it is a great car for a family, or if you need something for easy city driving. But for fun, it's not so great.

18" Rims, styling, interior space (i'm 6"6) and good Bose stereo.

RWD, Xenon lamps standard, handling, road noise, turning radius, cheaper tires.