Used 2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Don't ever buy this car
By theresamon

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own 2004 Maxima. Worst car on road. Bad struts, bad brakes. Makes clunking noises. Nissan USA has denied any problems with this car, but I have been plagued by many. Will never again by a Nissan vehicle. I think they will be facing worse problems than Toyota is currently facing. They are denying brake problems, but I guess after I get killed when mine fail they'll listen.

None

Nissan USA needs to start listening to the people who buy their products and stop brushing them off.

First & Last
By j. simms

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan and probably the last. I have had many nuisance problems, like oil drips after each oil change. Latest shock is A/C Evaporator leaking and needs to be replaced ($1,500). At 41K miles this is unbelievable! The only sympathy from dealer is s---happens! Good bye Nissan J.S.

good acceleration & comfortable interior.

Drives like a boat. Feels like steering the Queen Mary.

I've had the same problems
By amber13131313

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The performance of the car is right up there is definitely fun to drive for sure. All in all I like my car if it come with all the fixing I've had to do to it.I never had problems with it until it was crashed except for a battery dieing on my first day of work. after the insurance company paid $15,000 to fix yes that amount is right. about 4 months later I started having problems with it they never should have fixed it they should have totaled it out. It broke down at a light i got it started a few times to make it to the gas station across the street before it died again. I had it towed to nissan. i will continue on please read next review to find out more.

6 cd changer, leather interior, users 1 and 2 settings for seat and tilt wheel, nice sounding stereo system.

don't buy this car unless it comes with more than a 60,000 mile warranty i would suggest more like 100k mile warranty just because of all the problems.

Very sad and disapointed
By Kara Slocum

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 1st new car and it was my 2004 Nissan Maxima SE. after 74,000 miles; 4k over warranty my transmission is shot along with 2 motor mounts. Nissan of North America had the worst customer service ever and does not want to help with anything! $43,000 for my 1st car that lasted 74k. wow my heart is broken, dont know if I will ever by a Nissan again. I plan on writing a letter to the CEO; lets all try that, just maybe will get somewhere???

Look and comfort

RECALL due to Transmission and motor mounts

Worse Nissan Ever
By ttranrx

2004 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my maxima for 5 years and already have transmission problems. It will cost me $4000 to get a rebuilt transmission which is horrible for a 5 year old car. Will never buy a Nissan for a long time. Would warn anyone buying a Nissan Maxima and for them to google Nissan Maxima and transmission problems.

Heated stearing wheel.