2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Love it !
By Y Johnson on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I wasn't in the market for a Nissan Maxima but a friend of mine had done a lot of car and SUV research and loved the new Maxima. She ended up buying an SUV but she said if should would have bought a car, it would have been the Maxima. So, I started doing my own reasearch on them and after a few test drives, I decided I wanted one. Mine is fully loaded and I have the bigger wheels (17"). Everyone always comments on how roomie my car is even when the front seat is slid back. The leather still looks great. Good sound system. Good size trunk. I am very happy with this car and would buy another one.

Great Car
By toniomdny on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Top 10 engine for so many years in a row is enough to say. With the engine size that the car has, it has more power than cars with bigger engine. The car has great power and accelerates so fast.

great car
By ludacris on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Great car, acceleration from a stop is more than adequate, from a roll is excellent. The engine's refinement is amazing, you can't hear or feel the engine at idle at all. Even when flooring it there is no vibration. I now have an intake on it so I can definetly hear a growl! Spacious, comfortable, powerful, refined, reliable, fun to drive, good looking. What else is there to like?

MaxiMax
By cotilla on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

My second Maxima after my original 1981. This car gives me exactly what I need and expect, great performance, solid feel and superb reliability. I also own a popular German car and I would keep my Maxima if I had to make a choice. My wife would keep the Teuton, so everybody's happy. If I have it my way I'll be purchasing this car at the end of the lease; if not I'll be leaving a lot of money on the table.

I LOVE my Maxima SE
By lynnr on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever owned. I will probably never drive anything other than a Maxima. I love the sporty look but it also has plenty of room. It handles great and the acceleration is awesome! It also gets good gas mileage for a car with this much power.

burevs review
By burev on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I find this vehicle rides very hard, not as comfortable as previously owned maxima's. Performance and reliablility are unmatched in my opinion. Radio antennae would improve reception.

Best in 35 years of driving
By Keene Owner on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Of all the vehicles I have driven in the past 35 years I like my Maxima GLE the best. Even though the exceptional comfort sold me the car I appreciate the more than adequate power, the feel of the car on the road, and the reliability. My Nissan dealer provides the best service I have ever experienced in 35 years of automobile ownership. I recommend this car without reservation.

great car
By driver2000 on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Great vehicle, solid handles great. Poor OEM tires. Try Nitto 450's.

2000 Maxima GXE (5 speed)
By Mykal on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

We love this car and see ourselves in a few years going to a Nissan dealer and saying, "We want the same thing, but newer!" It's that good. Powerful, fun, roomy, looks good. Maximas only keep getting more powerful (hard to imagine, but even more fun!). They need to work on the notchy manual transmission! It's the only real sore spot about this car.

00 Maxima SE 5 Speed
By jlaves on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Having driven a Jeep Grand Cherokee before, I was looking for a car that tracks well, has the same grunt the 5.2 ltr V8 in the Jeep had, and offers me a manual. Not wanting to spend more than $24k, the list became pretty short quickly. I was not disappointed by the engine. How sweet it is! Lots of grunt, lots of revability. I think teh car looks a little weird from the outside, but I don't have to look at it while I am driving. Build quality and reliability have been excellent, and I am getting about 24 mpg in mixed, somewhat aggressive driving. The tires are almost shot after only 22,000 miles